Spyder Garage

Default Installed Cargo Net on 2020 RTL

I got a cargo net for a 2019, drilled small holes on the edge of the lip were the rubber sill is. done. I did not put one on the trunk

IMG_1161.jpg

Spyder Garage

My next mod is to see about getting a better seal on my side case lids - they get very dirty inside. I have to clean them every time I wash the bike. I have to put everything in plastic bags to keep them clean from all the dust that finds its way inside.

Amazed at how dirty these bikes get.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2020 RTL , got in Jan 2021 - I have not had it in rain yet. Are you saying the stuff in your side bags get wet when riding in rain? Is anyone else, with a 2020 / 21 RTL, have water in side bags issues? Mine bags look well sealed. I don't wash my bike with a hose so I can't tell until the summer rain comes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warfels View Post
    I have a 2020 RTL , got in Jan 2021 - I have not had it in rain yet. Are you saying the stuff in your side bags get wet when riding in rain? Is anyone else, with a 2020 / 21 RTL, have water in side bags issues? Mine bags look well sealed. I don't wash my bike with a hose so I can't tell until the summer rain comes.
    Dust primarily all inside of both side cases. I did ride in light rain a couple of weeks ago (roads were fairly wet) and a small mount of water got into the inside of the side case door on the right side. Haven't ridden in a frog choker yet.

If dust can penetrate so will water mist and if I was to ride longer in that stuff I am sure it would be very wet inside.

No big deal: I pretty much organize my storage into zip lock bags anyway. Just means I have to clean out the insides of the cases. The frunk gets some dust in there too so I am assuming they are not meant to be watertight or dust proof.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Must be some sort of adjustment. I rode an hour home in a frog strangling rain when I picked my bike up. Dry as a bone inside the bags.

Spyder Garage

I got a cargo net for a 2019, drilled small holes on the edge of the lip were the rubber sill is. done. I did not put one on the trunk

IMG_1161.jpg
    Where did you get the clips?
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Thank you!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White