Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The price goes up, the price goes down, the price stays the same. It is what it is, use it or do without. Simple choice.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    Sorry don't agree with you. Closing the pipeline down and relying AGAIN ON FOREIGN OIL. Your going to see prices climb to well past 3.00 a gallon. Don't want to make it political but a spade is a spade.
    Not to be political, but my understanding from a few years back was that the pipeline was to get oil down to the coast where it would be put on tankers and shipped overseas. My mistake,
    the pipeline was to replace oil imported from Venezuela with oil imported from Canada. But imported all the same.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    We’re not quite that high, but we are more than $1.20/litre for regular (87 octane).
    It bobs up and down every day here. at the moment $1.20CAD per litre for 87 octane
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

2.35/gal in Central Utah today up from 1.97/gal just before the inauguration. 2.17 at Sam's Club but they are an hour away.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The real cost of gasoline has dropped significantly over the past 50 years. Inflation makes a dollar in 1970 about the same as $7 today. That means $0.40/gal in 1970 is about the same as $2.50 today. Factor in the increased mpg of cars today compared to 1970, or something like 30 mpg vs 10 mpg, and the real cost of gasoline is about 1/3 what it was in 1970. Do we really have room to complain?

Plus, the more foreign oil we use today the more of ours will still be in the ground when the foreign supply runs out, which it will some day.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The real cost of gasoline has dropped significantly over the past 50 years. Inflation makes a dollar in 1970 about the same as $7 today. That means $0.40/gal in 1970 is about the same as $2.50 today. Factor in the increased mpg of cars today compared to 1970, or something like 30 mpg vs 10 mpg, and the real cost of gasoline is about 1/3 what it was in 1970. Do we really have room to complain?

Plus, the more foreign oil we use today the more of ours will still be in the ground when the foreign supply runs out, which it will some day.
    All true. But, I think in current dollars, just like I think most do. I think if you ask someone if they would rather pay $2.50 a gal for gas or $2.00, what would they say?

When I say current, just to be clear, I mean currently in your wallet, whether paper or plastic.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    The price here jumps just about every day. The station on the corner near me is 2.49 today, but I go a bit farther in the other direction to Sam's, where it is 2.14.

Same over here in Chillicothe area Steve. We have a farmers market on the west side of town that is always ten or fifteen cents cheaper and if in that area I will fuel up there. $2.49 has some folks complaining, but it was $2.89 here before the plague hit so I'm still saving 40¢.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Up and up------------

Fuel prices here in Nevada have gone UP in the last month +. I'm afraid there is no end in sight.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow