Spyder Garage

Unhappy Control panel all lit up! Help?

2014 ST limited She stopped shifting and her dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Short story to a six month problem. I was told she needed a new clutch. Got it done. Dash is still lit up and now they say its the centrifugal clutch ass'y, module electronic box, and engine wiring harness plus 17 hours of labor....HELP. I have kept her maintained though she has almost 50,000 miles on her. Most of which were put on within the last three and a half years. Thanks for any input....Desperate to ryde.
    Spydermom19@gmail.com
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-25-2023 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

How old is the battery?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Agree possibly battery. Fully disconnect; load test batt; Deep cycle charge; clean connections & reattach.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Battery is less than three years old. She never sat idle in my care, however, she sat idle at the shop for at least 2 months. I will suggest a new battery. Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydermom View Post
    Battery is less than three years old. She never sat idle in my care, however, she sat idle at the shop for at least 2 months. I will suggest a new battery. Thank you.
    Before you do that put a charger on it for a little while, or try jump starting it. The battery may be recoverable.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

I would load test it first, will not cost you a thing!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2014 ST limited She stopped shifting and her dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Short story to a six month problem. I was told she needed a new clutch. Got it done. Dash is still lit up and now they say its the centrifugal clutch ass'y, module electronic box, and engine wiring harness plus 17 hours of labor....HELP. I have kept her maintained though she has almost 50,000 miles on her. Most of which were put on within the last three and a half years. Thanks for any input....Desperate to ryde.
    Spydermom19@gmail.com
    with the other posters... check the connections of your battery ( and ADD STAR washers ), and have it tested..... from what you said I have serious concerns that Dealer Tech is GUESSING as to what your problem and maybe clueless ..... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-26-2023 at 12:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your help all. Unfortunately, she is at the garage. I'll be calling them tomorrow. I connected my trickle charger when I first got her back. She came home for about a week. Rode her, same dash lights. Then it rained for three days. I charged her before I took her back to the garage. Does anyone know a good Spyder mechanic near southeast GA?

Spyder Garage

Another card on the pile for a battery check. That is what it sounds like to me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Spydermom19@gmail.com
    How they were able to determine all of this now after missing it entirely earlier is a mystery. It’s very hard to justify or explain why each of these items need replacing now all at the same time. I wonder what their answer was as to why and how this happened and how it was originally missed but now so apparent? What is their evidence of diagnosis?
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I would load test it first, will not cost you a thing!!!
    For it to be meaningful a load test needs to be done with the battery fully charged.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your help all. Unfortunately, she is at the garage. I'll be calling them tomorrow. I connected my trickle charger when I first got her back. She came home for about a week. Rode her, same dash lights. Then it rained for three days. I charged her before I took her back to the garage. Does anyone know a good Spyder mechanic near southeast GA?
    Two months without a maintainer connected is long enough for the phantom loads to drain the battery, especially if it is starting to get weak. That could easily be the case for a 3 year old battery.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Thanks all. She had a new battery and that's when all the other codes came up. The tech thinks that something has chewed my internal wiring and that's what's causing the added codes. The only thing to do is take her apart, supposedly.

Spyder Garage

Thanks all. She had a new battery and that's when all the other codes came up. The tech thinks that something has chewed my internal wiring and that's what's causing the added codes. The only thing to do is take her apart, supposedly.
    That will definitely do it. Lift the seat and take the inspection cover off. Get a flashlight and look around in there where you can see. It may be where you can see it. Also look for chewed into insulation, etc., if you cannot see a nest. If not, and this is suspected. Parts will have to start coming off. This is an issue more common that people realize.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...