Spyder Garage

Default Passenger peg risers?

Is there a way to raise the passenger pegs on an 2018 F3-S? Pegs are too low for my kid and I want to see if there is another option as opposed to buying the OEM floorboards and then adding risers to it. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Try Pierre at canamspyderaccessories.com. He has a passenger floorboard with a riser. Really nice guy to deal with.
    2019 F3S , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ndv21 View Post
    Is there a way to raise the passenger pegs on an 2018 F3-S? Pegs are too low for my kid and I want to see if there is another option as opposed to buying the OEM floorboards and then adding risers to it. Thanks!
    If you go to take the pegs off use a butane or blow torch on the bolts before you try and loosen them. There is a brass bushing inside that has small teeth on it. If you try to loosen it without heating it first to liquefy the locktite you will snap the bushings. You then have to drill out the bolts and that is a real pain. Then the real fun starts. You have to find new ones. Good luck finding those for less than 50.00 or 60.00 bucks.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Hawk View Post
    If you go to take the pegs off use a butane or blow torch on the bolts before you try and loosen them. There is a brass bushing inside that has small teeth on it. If you try to loosen it without heating it first to liquefy the locktite you will snap the bushings. You then have to drill out the bolts and that is a real pain. Then the real fun starts. You have to find new ones. Good luck finding those for less than 50.00 or 60.00 bucks.
    To avoid paint damage I use a HD soldering iron ...... jmho .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Severnpaul View Post
    Try Pierre at canamspyderaccessories.com. He has a passenger floorboard with a riser. Really nice guy to deal with.
    Yup, I'm looking at getting his risers, but need to acquire the OEM floorboards for them to work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Hawk View Post
    Yeah, I saw Lamonsters video on that. I take it that those bushings are not reusable after being removed? Or would new floorboards/pegs come with new hardware?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    To avoid paint damage I use a HD soldering iron ...... jmho .... Mike
    Very good point. May take a little longer to heat up but its worthwhile to protect other surfaces.