Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They are/were being sold by a dealership in Toms River, NJ. I'm guessing they just ran out of stock.

I paid $199.98 plus tax for both sets, same as I would pay at the dealer. I don't expect that price to change up or down for at least 9 months to a year. Maybe not even then. They're new so nobody knows how popular they will be. If they're popular, the price will eventually go up. If dealers can't get rid of them, the price will go down. Eventually.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

UPDATE: Per Amazon, mine are shipping today via USPS. ETA is still the 26th. Not sure how it will take (10) days to go from NJ to NC but whatever. I'll install them the next weekend. As jetfixer mentioned, they simply bolt on in place of the OEM vents. You'll need to remove the (3) main pieces of tupperware on each side. For anybody concerned with the tupperware removal process, I have a video on that. Super simple. (I've removed those pieces enough now that I think I can do it in my sleep.)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

UPDATE: Received the vents today. I hope to install them Saturday but we'll see. I didn't get a chance to ride last weekend and Saturday is supposed to be sunny (FINALLY!) and in the low 40s. Not sure if I can hold off riding til Sunday to install these Saturday or not.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

LAST UPDATE: Installed mine today (uppers and lowers). Total of about :45 minutes only because I don't have a heated garage and I had to keep taking my gloves off.

A couple notes. No surprise, BuRP used that same sh***y yellow Loctite on the bolts. (If I could sell used yellow Loctite for a buck a pound and I could get all of it off just my bike, I'd be a millionaire.) When removing the stock vents, the 1st couple turns of the nut, I got this loud squeak. I thought I was breaking something. It was just the Loctite breaking loose, I guess.

You'll need a 10mm socket, a T30 and in my case, a T20. Unless you have a really short T30 socket (or something similar), you can't get anything in the bolt heads for the new lower vents. I ended up using a T20 to remove the screw (and washer) so I could GENTLY pull the vent itself out of the base housing. Work slowly. It will come apart. When you put it back together, the vent goes back in TOWARDS the end with the flat groove. (If you do it my way, you'll understand once you get it apart. Trust me.) Taking the stock vents off is easy. As jetfixer said, once you remove the large piece of tupperware that runs down the side of the bike (from the front of the drivers seat area to the fin in front), you just unbolt the old and bolt on the new. One more quick suggestion, once you've installed the new adjustable vents, hold that big piece of tupperware up to the bike to make sure the new vents are oriented the correct way. Both angle UP and BACK. The upper vent will fit just under the headlight assembly.

/rant on/ One more thought. The more I "work" on my RT (this one or the previous one), the more I think these were assembled by drunk 10 year olds. Things just don't fit "right". There are a LOT of holes that should be round but aren't just so you can adjust things so they fit. And, I struggle to start all (3) bolts on each side piece of tupperware every time. Truly disappointing for a $25k machine. /rant off/

Spyder Garage

I know we're not supposed to advertise products here, but this is a tool that should be in everyone's Spyder tool kit:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-...DRBD/205543703

This would have allowed you to put the T30 bit in it and access those screws correctly. Owners of pre 2020 RT's will find that this tool is perfect for removing that screw at the rear of the rear side panel under the seat. Trust me. I use tools for a living. Get one.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I know we're not supposed to advertise products here, but this is a tool that should be in everyone's Spyder tool kit:

This would have allowed you to put the T30 bit in it and access those screws correctly. Owners of pre 2020 RT's will find that this tool is perfect for removing that screw at the rear of the rear side panel under the seat. Trust me. I use tools for a living. Get one.
    Super idea although I think this is much better. (I work for Lowe's. )

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-35-P...ol-Set/3387640

Spyder Garage

BRP has them on sale for $79.99. Just received mine Saturday. Haven’t put them on yet!
    Ride Safe!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2020RTLimitedDRM View Post
    BRP has them on sale for $79.99. Just received mine Saturday. Haven’t put them on yet!
    Dang I wish you hadn’t posted that!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2020RTLimitedDRM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Dang I wish you hadn’t posted that!
    Ordered! LOL!

Spyder Garage

I just ordered them yesterday off the BRP website. They're 20% off with free shipping. The order said sales tax would be added. BRP must have reached out to any dealer that had them in stock. A dealer in MN picked up the order and shipped them. No sales tax was added. $159.98 to my door.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Well, I ordered mine with the bike. Only 10% discount. But, I really like them. Not as dramatic as Bakerbuilt on the GL1800, but so far all I need.

U0DATE: Had a chance to test them in 88 degree weather for their ability to scoop air onto me. Upper helps, but not nearly as much as Bakers on the GL1800. Lowers don't help at all. This was in ~35-50 mph fairly heavy (for Knoxville area) traffic.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

so what do the vents do. Hard to tell from pics.

Spyder Garage

Redirect the airflow. With both upper and lower in the closed position, light rain is diverted outward and away from one's lower extremities. So far, one of the best add ons I've purchased.
    2021 Spyder RT Ltd
    2021 Ranger Lariat
    2022 Corvette (on order)

Spyder Garage

They will make a difference!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have them on my 2021 S2S. They are VERY affective. Worth the money in my opinion.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

They make riding nak'd much more enjoyable.
    2021 Spyder RT Ltd
    2021 Ranger Lariat
    2022 Corvette (on order)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
    They make riding nak'd much more enjoyable.
    I agree but it's spelled "nekkid". I tend to slide off the seat.

Spyder Garage

Just ordered mine. Added in a t-shirt for the wife. Helped smoooooth the purchase. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I agree but it's spelled "nekkid". I tend to slide off the seat.
    I blame it on google's advanced spell checker.
    2021 Spyder RT Ltd
    2021 Ranger Lariat
    2022 Corvette (on order)

Spyder Garage

2021 RT Ltd. Build date Feb, 2021...

Received the BRP OEM adjustable wind deflectors that were on sale in the BRP catalogue.
    Honestly... I don’t think I received the right items. BRP said they had to find a dealer who had them to send to me. Okay... arrived in two boxes taped together. No part numbers on the boxes or labels of any kind on the boxes. Opened the boxes.the items were in plastic sleeves surrounded by thin foam packing...all each box contained were the plastic deflectors.. 2 smaller ones in one box and 2 larger ones in other box...no hardware....no instructions...just a printed sheet that showed warning statement in several languages and also gave a website www.instructions.brp.com.

Went to the website... i thought the instructions were vague and didn’t show very good pics of the parts.

Part numbers stamped on the items are:
    For the big ones:
    BRP Canada RH. >PC< 70501. Y then some kind of dial M then some kind of dial. 5124
    BRP Canada LH. >PC< 70501. Y then some kind of dial. M then some kind of dial. 5123

For the smaller ones:
    BRP >PC<
    MADE IN CANADA
    70501 5121. M then some kind of dial
    LH Y then some kind of dial

BRP. >PC<
    MADE IN CANADA
    7051. 5122. M. Then some kind of dial
    RH. Y then some kind of dial

I expected the deflectors to pivot right out of the box...they don’t move at all... look to me like the originals that are on the bike. I had planned to let the dealer install them on my first oil change coming up but now am concerned they are not the right items and I won’t be able to return them for refund if I wait too long.

For those of you who have made this purchase does it sound like I have received the correct parts?
    Thank you for your responses.

I know a picture is worth a thousand words but have not tried to upload a pic on this site...usually can’t on these websites but will try here shortly.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

I like em! Tested them on a 90 day - and I do not ride full gear anymore and I was wearing shorts- the air flow(lower ones) was wonderful and directed up my shorts!
    Lubricated the joints before installing now with just a finger I can adjust them easily.

Pooch - you got the right ones!
    My boxer were also taped together and marked lower and upper, the deflectors them selves are marked inside LH and RH.
    Use the same fasteners from the old deflectors, just clean off the yellow thread lock BRP uses before install.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

So.. i have tried every which way to get the pic to upload from my Ipad.... can’t.
    So frustrating...it shows the pic I have chosen then I hit UPLOAD... nothing. It also won’t let me drag it in and won’t let me just copy and paste the photo.
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Don't feel bad. I can't upload either. As long as the ones you received have the pivot base vs the OEM fixed mount, you have the correct ones. I had my servicing dealer install mine. As mentioned, they make a world of difference in riding comfort. They should be standard from the factory.

Mike
    2021 Spyder RT Ltd
    2021 Ranger Lariat
    2022 Corvette (on order)

Spyder Garage

I know they are supposed to use the OEM hardware (guess that means screws, washers, or nuts that are already holding on the original deflectors) but.. are you supposed to be able to twist them right out of the box?

What type lubricant should be used? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Don't lubricate the pivot points. They will rotate correctly once mounted.
    2021 Spyder RT Ltd
    2021 Ranger Lariat
    2022 Corvette (on order)