Spyder Garage

Default Keeping Sena and Phone charged.

I bought a small portable phone power bank (less than $20). I connect it to the USB in the trunk. When I stop for lunch I store my helmet in the trunk and charge my sena and phone if I need to. The power bank gets charged while I ride. If I stop for the night I store my helmet in the trunk and charge the Sena. If my Sena gets too low during the ride, I hook the Sena up to the power bank and put the unit in my jacket pocket.

I try to keep thinks simple.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-07-2021 at 07:09 AM. Reason: trunk not truck ;-)

Spyder Garage

So, if I understand you correctly, while your Sena is in your pocket you are without communication? Approx. how long does it take to recharge to 100% and how many hours use do you get out of a charge Just want to compare it to my Cardo. Thanks.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    So, if I understand you correctly, while your Sena is in your pocket you are without communication? Approx. how long does it take to recharge to 100% and how many hours use do you get out of a charge Just want to compare it to my Cardo. Thanks.
    I think he meant that he puts the usb battery pack in his jacket pocket. I do this as well - I run a coiled usb cable from the battery pack (that is in my jacket pocket) to my sena headset.

Only issue is on those really hot summer days when I wear a very light jacket with no pockets. But, you can buy an inexpensive mesh belt with pockets for that.

Spyder Garage

No the sena works while being charged. We were on a all day ride and my buddy forgot to charge his sena. He hooked up his cell phone portable battery extender. I don't know if it ever charges fully while being used but we rode the second half of the day with no charger. Likewise I charged my sena while eating lunch.

Spyder Garage

I installed a dual USB port in the blank spot at the handle bars and one next to the passenger seat. I can run my cell phone and sena charger on each. I also use the rear one for my Cycle Chiller system to stay cool. My helmet won’t fit in the trunk, only the frunck. If my Girlfriend is with me she can put hers in the Frunk but not the trunk. We wear modulars which makes a difference.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Sena (SRL) won't charge whilst being used but I can get most of a day out of it. If I plan on riding more than 8 or 9 hours, I try to turn it off in the middle of the day. (I only use it for music.) I keep my phone plugged in when I'm on the bike so no worries there.

Spyder Garage

I have a Sena 20S Evo and I can use it while it is being charged. I have a cigarette lighter receptacle mounted on my dash. I use a male charger plug with 2 USB ports. I keep my phone charged while riding and can also charge my SENA with the other USB port. I only charge the SENA while riding if on a long distance trip over 8-9 hours. The charging cable is long enough to go from the USB port to the SENA on my helmet.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I have a Sena 20S Evo and I can use it while it is being charged. I have a cigarette lighter receptacle mounted on my dash. I use a male charger plug with 2 USB ports. I keep my phone charged while riding and can also charge my SENA with the other USB port. I only charge the SENA while riding if on a long distance trip over 8-9 hours. The charging cable is long enough to go from the USB port to the SENA on my helmet.
    I do exactly the same thing. Been doing that for years, works great.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    Thanks, davev1pa, I just ordered one.