Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tiffcon View Post
    I know this will sound kind of crazy, but it works for me. I have a double problem, but when I combine the problems it works well for me so far. I have a 2020 Spyder RT Limited. Downloaded Sygic to use on BRP Connect. Some days it works like a champ while other times it won’t. Who wants to walk out of their motel room and spend a lot of time trying to connect with BRP Connect. Stopped at Lamonster Garage and had some work done. (they are great by the way). That day was one of those not so good days with BRP Connect. That made an easy decision for me when they suggested the Zumo XT. That night I place the route on my phone (Sygic) on one side of me and my new Zumo XT on the other side. I love planning using Sygic Navigation on my computer and it is so easy. Inputting that route on the Zumo XT was also easy. I love planning. For me it is part of the fun. I also love the demonstration part of Sygic. Can’t stand the BRP part. Not having much luck with Basecamp either. For now it will be Sygic in one hand and Zumo in the other. Double the fun.
    I might like to check out Sygic, I see two options on the App Store, which one are you referring to sygic gps navigation and maps or sygic travel maps offline?

I’m currently using Senic Motorcycle Navigation app which is easy to make a route on the fly but it’s not a perfected app yet, although a new version should be out fairly soon.

Spyder Garage

I have used BC for years but not with a Zumo...yet. I have one of the older handle GPSMAP 63 models still. I have routes all over the mid-south/southeast saved in BC. I have one group just dedicated to Arkansas rides.

If you are using waypoints, BC is picky about where you place them. You have to make sure you zoom in and get them on the road or BC can send you down roads you were not expecting to take. On interstates you have to get them on the correct side you are riding on or it will get you off and head you in the wrong direction.

I just got back into riding after 5 years hiatus and my maps were outdated (2012). After updating my maps I noticed a lot of my routes were taking weird roads and it seems that my waypoints were not exactly on the road or some were slightly past an intersection, etc. I am thinking a 10yr difference in maps changed some things, but now I will have to check any routes really well before using them.

I still love BC though, but my 2014 Macbook Pro is having some difficulty keeping up with the map display now, and is sluggish with higher details when zooming in. I have a separate GPU in mine MBP too. I guess it is going to be time for me to upgrade the MBP if I plan to build a lot of new routes/trips in BC.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

Base Camp is VERY literal. I wish there were a way to put a straight section from one point to another, when a road exists that BC doesn't know about.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    Base Camp is VERY literal. I wish there were a way to put a straight section from one point to another, when a road exists that BC doesn't know about.
    Do all BaseCamp users a favor when you find a map problem. Go to the Help tab and select the fifth option down, Report a Map Error. I sent a couple recently while preparing routes in the Ozarks for a fall tour.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Garmin updates the map a couple times a year so it's a good idea to check often. Regarding phantom roads (not in Garmin yet), if auto-reroute is on, just continue on the phantom road and wait for the GPS to fix its route when you approach the next known road.

Just beware of being routed up private driveways in rural areas!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I am using Sygic Navagation, Version 18.8.6.

Spyder Garage

We have a 396. I suspect others may have the same "feature". At the top of the screen is an icon to show what navigation it is set up for. The 396 defaults to motorcycle. DANGER WILL ROBINSON! In this mode it defaults and reverts at any opportunity to "adventurous routing" which will suggest any goat path out there. The work-around (seems most of the time getting Zumos to work is learning work-arounds) is to tap on that icon and change it to automobile. Oh, if only they had upgraded memory, processor, and screen for the old StreetPilot series and left the programming alone!
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

One has to remember when you plan in BaseCamp, the settings in BC should be identical with the settings in the GPS. When you import the route in the GPS it will use the setting in the GPS to create the route, which may not necessarily be the same as BC. One quick check is to compare the total mileage for a route in BaseCamp and the GPS and if they are not close (say 1 or 2 miles) you may have a setting issue.

Willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

One of the things one needs to be aware of, even when one is absolutely certain the settings in BaseCamp and the GPS are identical is that, particularly when creating routes using waypoints, if your activity profile route preference is set to Shorter Distance it is worth the time to run the route (s) in BC to be certain the software isn't taking you on shortcuts you might not want to take when on the ride(s). I experienced a couple of instances of such this past weekend when creating new to/from routes from home to Harrison, AR that avoid the Hernando De Soto bridge problem on I-40 im Memphis. Adding a couple of waypoints to each route knocked out the shortcuts.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S