Spyder Garage

Default Riding with your dog

For those that ride with their dog, how long between stops? Do they sit in the carrier the whole time or should I look for something for them to lay down? I am just starting out with my 16lb Cavapoo and struggling with a carrier that fits her and the RT. Thanks for any insights.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ccraw781 View Post
    For those that ride with their dog, how long between stops? Do they sit in the carrier the whole time or should I look for something for them to lay down? I am just starting out with my 16lb Cavapoo and struggling with a carrier that fits her and the RT. Thanks for any insights.
    I had a Bulldog ( see avatar ) that LOVED soft ice cream ..... and I would take Him 14 mi. to have it ..... No He didn't ride on the Spyder, I took the top cover off my Sears Car Top Carrier ( made into a trailer ) and made a wood roof to keep him out of the sun, I added a very large plexi-windshield to protect Him from wind and any thing else that might hit Him .... it was mostly open so exhaust didn't get trapped. All I had to say was " .... want to get a " Creamie " and He would run to the trailer and get in ....... boy I still miss Him and always will. Back in 2012 the Grand Dame of Spyderlovers ....." murphybrown " came and stayed for a week ( Her final destination was Nova Scotia ) after She did Spyderfest in Mo. ....... ah the memories ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

RE: Murphy Brown

We have also had the pleasure. MB and company visited AK for a week in 2015 and we enjoyed her company as well as the other 15 or so participants. I have an Album for that.

We also met up with her again and (Tess--the Corgie), in Oct of 2019 at Grove OK and she came back and stayed a couple days with us at our home. Linda is in contact with her almost everyday. She is doing great and today is her 80th Birthday.

UNHIJACK::::::::::
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-20-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Great to here MB is doing good

Spyder Garage

Harley, our 14# Bichon poodle rides in a Kuryakyn Pet Palace which is strapped to our Show Chrome rack on the RT. He's connected to the bag with a short leash that allows him to stand (below 45 mph), sit (45 to 55 mph) and lie down (above 55 mph). We often take hour-long rides to hiking trails without stopping and after a couple hours walking, it's back on the bike for the ride home. Never had a problem. He normally wears goggles because Linda is concerned about his eyes, but he wants them off as soon as we stop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Spyder RT Limited in Deep Marsala Dark

Spyder Garage

Smile Had to get a truck------------------

I wish we could have traveled with our dogs. ( see avatar ) but all of them were just a bit too big.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

We have used a custom dog trailer for our English Setter and stop and let her out every time we stop for fuel. The trailer is insulated with 2" fiberglass and aluminum panels. She has ridden over 10,000 miles in her trailer but is 14 years old and arthritic now and traveling is getting harder for her.
    Ready to roll.jpgSmith River Hwy 016.jpgBend to Home 003.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Trying to find a good dog trailer is not easy. When I travel overnight I must take my service dog. She is a Shiba Inu.