Thread: Throttle Lock

Spyder Garage

Default Throttle Lock

Who has fond a throttle lock that works well on a 2008 GS? I have one on my 2 wheeler but I don't think that same configuration will work.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Curler View Post
    Who has fond a throttle lock that works well on a 2008 GS? I have one on my 2 wheeler but I don't think that same configuration will work.
    You say you have one ..... If no one answers ..... then take it off and test it on the Spyder .... jmho .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Just typing 'Throttle; +lock' into the search field up in the Top Right Corner just below the Lamonster Garage emblem & then hitting Enter will bring back a bunch of threads with those words in them; but if you want to be a little more selective, go to Advanced Search, use the same keywords, only select the 'Search Titles Only' option from the drop down list - that'll bring back most of the threads that talk specifically about Throttle locks, both choosing/fitting them and removing them after discovering how dangerous they can be! You can choose to read only those threads in the 'related to GS sections', but if you do, I think you might miss out on some of the better thought out throttle locks, (ie, the Atlas Throttle Lock) Either way, there's lotsa good info there on the subject of Throttle Locks.

Hope it helps some!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Can I say that I love my cruise control on our 2018 RTL. Original owner had one of those palm of your hand throttle thingies on the throttle grip which I removed as soon as I got it home. Did I say I love my cruise control?
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Throttle lock

Cruise control , throttle lock !!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Cruise control , throttle lock !!!
    Yep step on brake, shift gears or slide switch off to kill it. In the mean time you can increase or decrease the speed a mile at a time with the set / resume switch.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There have been reports of adding cruise to a base model RT or F3 by simply replacing the right-side handlebar controls, but I have no idea if that option exists for a GS. Is there ANY model/trim level of GS that comes with cruise? If so, maybe that option exists for you, too.
    HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

I have an 09 GS and the best throttle lot is your wrist. The engine wont hold speed or rpm in the higher gears. On long trips I use a cramp buster but you still are making fine adjustments for up or down hills.

Spyder Garage

We had throttle locks on both the 08 and 09 GS/RS. Cruise control did not come along until 2010 with the first RT.

Cannot remember the brand...but they were not expensive. Less than $20 if I remember right.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red