Spyder Garage

Default Any ideas about a Coolant leak before stealership visit?

Have been noticing a few drops of fluid on the right side ( as I sit on the bike) after a ride recently. I think its coolant. Feels kinda oily but dries clear. There are a few spots that dried white on the R lower wind deflector. I took the R panel off, no visible leaks, coolant reservoir level is at the low mark, the bike temp does not go over 4 bars, any ideas before I take it to a stealership?
    2015 F3S, SE6
    Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dvmdf View Post
    Have been noticing a few drops of fluid on the right side ( as I sit on the bike) after a ride recently. I think its coolant. Feels kinda oily but dries clear. There are a few spots that dried white on the R lower wind deflector. I took the R panel off, no visible leaks, coolant reservoir level is at the low mark, the bike temp does not go over 4 bars, any ideas before I take it to a stealership?
    2015 F3S, SE6
    Thanks!
    Yep, it’s gonna need attention by someone qualified.......you wanna play, you gotta pay. Keep the coolant at proper level until you get the chance to take it to the dealer.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dvmdf View Post
    2015 F3S, SE6
    Thanks!
    I had the same issue. My hose clamp off the water pump was leaking. It seems it sprayed coolant forward onto the splash guard. I replaced the clamps with ABA clamps. Seemed to happen in cooler weather.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Yep, it’s gonna need attention by someone qualified.......you wanna play, you gotta pay. Keep the coolant at proper level until you get the chance to take it to the dealer.
    I would put a piece of Newspaper (?) under that area after every ride and check it ..... removing the reservoir cap to add fluid is very problematic imho ..... it is difficult to get off and even worse to put back on, and the likelihood of NOT getting it on correctly is high ..... with changing to a proper Adjustable clamp is your best bet ...... the Dealer is going to re-place the Otiker clamp with another one and if they get it wrong you will be going back for another and then maybe another etc. ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Check your coolant jug, on my 2nd RT Limited (2016 year) I had the same problem! I finally chased it down to the coolant jug was not seamed together good when it was put together at the factory! So when I was riding and the temperature when up, the coolant returned to the coolant jug and it would leak around the seam, and run down the frame on to the ground! I didn't even turn in on the warranty, I just ordered me a new jug and replaced it ! Problem went away! I am on my third Spyder 2018 F3 Limited, and the 2016 was the only one I had this problem with! Hope this helps you!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Coolant Lesk

Some good Tips have been posted.

Otiker clamps can be a little problematic. A good tech should know how to install them correctly and fix the leak.

Good Luck on Your Mission. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue