Spyder Garage

Default Suggestions for mounting a camera - 2020 RT

Anyone have any suggestions for a camera mounting location on the front of my 2020 RT - somewhere that I don't have to drill holes or alter the factory equipment?

I can build a bracket, no problem, but don't see a good place to even put that.

Would prefer to not place it behind the windscreen.

Looking at a Garmin Virb or similar. (The Virb can be controlled by my Nav.)

I already have a helmet cam but the battery runs down after about 2 hours which means I have to keep a usb battery pack in my pocket and run a charging cable to my helmet.

Spyder Garage

I mounted my VIRB in front of and below screen. Ran the wire under the pull-out grille to right side switched power block.
    I used industrial 3M 2-sided (gray) to mount and it's holding up well after 4k mi.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    I mounted my VIRB in front of and below screen. Ran the wire under the pull-out grille to right side switched power block.
    I used industrial 3M 2-sided (gray) to mount and it's holding up well after 4k mi.
    Any pics?

Spyder Garage

I have one in the back also right underneath the top case. Sorry I don't have better pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilcoJunoHotel View Post
    Any pics?
    PXL_20210202_160706055.jpg
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Using a ram ball mount similar to yours, I am thinking about attaching it to one of the upper fairing deflectors (left or right side) and drilling a hole directly into the upper tupperware for the power.

That deflector looks like it can be replaced easily (and inexpensively) so I might be able to drill some holes then buy a replacement piece should I decide to change it at some point.

Spyder Garage

Pic when done.