Spyder Garage

Default F3 Ultimate floorboard questions.

For those that have them:

Is the LineX 'sticky' enough to keep your feet planted during hard cornering or were the pegs better for that?

Any vibration through the board?

Any issue with hitting the edge of the board when mounting/dismounting?

Thanks.
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

Can't answer for the Ultimate board owners, but I made homemade boards and had them coated at the local Line-X dealer. Yes, your feet will get good traction, even in the rain. Very rough and grainy texture. Extremely durable too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I installed the Ultimate Boards and they work quite well. The Line-X works great even in the rain. It's nice to be able to move your foot around on it. It's solidly built - I don't feel any vibrations and I haven't banged my leg in to it. It was a nice purchase for me.
    The WildBat - 2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-L
    Little Bre - 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S
    Phantom 2.0 - My SuperSpyder. 2008 Can-Am Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Hello, I have a 2020 F3 basic and adding these floor boards was a great investment! I have no vibration and good grip at all times. Makes mounting and un-mounting the bike so much easier. Gives you the option of your foot position, nice for longer rides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robtdonna View Post
    For those that have them:
    Is the LineX 'sticky' enough to keep your feet planted during hard cornering or were the pegs better for that?
    Any vibration through the board?
    Any issue with hitting the edge of the board when mounting/dismounting?
    Thanks.
    Rob, grip great, no vibration, but how tall are you? If you are tall like me, you certainly collect your shins/ankles when mounting from the ground.......but......if you always mount from the boards this issue goes away

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I installed the boards on my F3T 3 years ago. Wouldn't be without them now.

Spyder Garage

Absolutely the best purchase I have made for my F3t. Great grip, (Ride proven on The Tail of the Dragon). I was also concerned about vibration.
    (They do not!) As others have said, they really aid in mounting and dismounting. Well worth the money.
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete. I'm a short sh*t so no worries there !
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robtdonna View Post
    Thanks Pete. I'm a short sh*t so no worries there !
    You’ll love them then, Rob They also give you and the passenger extra protection from road spray. I had to take mine off, but not due to quality issues......the angled front section didn’t work with size 15s and long legs, and I didn’t trust them enough to mount from the boards with my weight (I’m sure they would have been fine ), resulting in shin/calf impacts.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Rob, I just installed them on my F3-L and they are great. One of the best mods I have done yet. The grip is great and you will love having a place to move your feet around on long trips. They also solve the, break pedal is to high, problem. The upward arch of the front of the boards puts your feet at just the right position. I think that was just a happy accident as they don't make any mention of it on the website.

Spyder Garage

I did speak with Pierre about this as the video shows a spacer block for the break pedal included in the kit, which is no longer there. They redesigned the angle so there was just 3-5mm of spacing between the brake at full down and the floorboard, so no need for the spacer any longer, as the angle used to be steeper.

Spyder Garage

I see a lot of people that have the spyder floorboards all the way down and they are awesome but i got these and they are just as great with the spyder emblem and f3 logo included...don't feel any vibration and room to move my feet around...and if i come to a stop and want to put my foot on the ground i still can to get that stand up stretch out...lol

footboards1.jpg footboards2.jpg this one is to just show the distance from the break to the pedal...which works fine for me and saved me some money....footboardsdistancefrombrake.jpg

Spyder Garage

I love mine. With my short legs they make it a lot easier to get on and off the bike.

I had to purchase 2 sets because I was swapping seats and was right at the edge of stock or one position forward. I used the one position forward set. I have the stock factory position if your interested. They are still brand new, never installed and hardware included.