Spyder Garage

Default Inside Fender driving lights mockup complete

Spent the weekend mocking up some brackets to mount 3.5 inch 25W Cree LED driving lights to the existing hole in the fender bracket so no drilling required. Took several attempts and design changes but i believe i got it. It gives enough clearance for suspension travel with wheels lock to lock. Tonight i should be able to powder coat them and install final product and then wire up. What you think? Still on the fence but with them mounted on the inside fender, if i turn right they shine right, if i turn left they shine left. Almost like i got a smart light system.

There will be no doubt that when they are on (i'm going to link them with the Fog lights) that anyone can say "I didnt see You". In the dark with the A-Arm lights and all the other lights on the front, it will look like a CrossWing StarFighter (Starwars humor).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Looks nice, good job ! Can't really see how they connect to your fender. I drilled a 3/8" hole and used a button head bolt. If I remove them, simply push in a black hole plug.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Yours looks good also, Plus, mounting them high like you did to the plastic would have taken a lot of trial and error out of the process making sure it didnt interfere with the suspension travel.
    I am using the spare factory mounting hole on the fender mounts. You can see where they will mount in the image below, they mount in the forward most hole where the bolt is currently sticking out. Instead of using the nut and bolt option i welded the bolt to the light bracket and will just use a nylon lock nut on tire side of fender so as to not have to fight getting wrenches on both the nut and bolt in that tight area with tires still mounted.
    PXL_20210201_163102652.jpg

Spyder Garage

I used the screw on the top front of the insides of the fenders. Was able to use the bracket that came on the lights.

DSCN2703.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

All great installations.
    Thanks for the phots and the explanations.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

NICE!! Many ways to go. Mine match the uppers with blue halo.

light-top.jpg
    spYdy1.jpg
    spYdy2.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Well finally finished all wiring (takes some time because OCD is a pain in the Arse). Wires neatly wrapped and tucked away. Hopefully tonight i can finish up by putting all body panels back on and adjusting the lights. But i must say, there is no reason i shouldnt be able to see what i fixing to hit and others should see me coming.

PXL_20210205_013817627.jpg

Spyder Garage

All nice solutions
    I'm a big fan of being visible in the daylight. Just remember all the lights in the world won't stop the moron texters from hitting you if they aren't looking where they're going so assume they still can't see you and stay alert!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White