Spyder Garage

Default Does the new 2020 RT Limited need Baja Ron bar?

Buyin a 2020 leftover RT limited, Does the new 2020 RT Limited need Baja Ron bar?
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops
    3.5mm Extension from Amazon
    Lamonster USB Cable Holder & Cable
    Foam Grips from Spyderpops
    Tricled Strobe Brake Light module
    Tricled Bag Lights (replace reflectors)
    Tricled Turn/Brake/Run Signals Rear
    Tricled Floorboard Lights
    Tricled Sequential Run/Turn Fender Lights
    Tricled A-Frame Run/Turn Lights
    Tricled LED American Flag Mount & Flag
    Showchrome American Flag
    2020 RT Limited , Says Chalk White, but in person it is much more gray

Spyder Garage

Yes. It's better than a pre-2020 without the bar, but when I bought my 2020 the first thing I noticed about the ride was that it just wasn't as solid as I was used to, and the bar made all the difference.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Yes It is a better ride
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

I put my ron bar on after I rode my 20RT for awhile. It was a noticeable improvement.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I agree with the others. When I brought my 21 RTL home from the dealer it was on a two lane state route. Even something as simple as a truck passing by while both of us at speed you feel the Spyder get a bit wobbly on the front end. Not that is something of a major concern just an annoyance after 20 time during the ride. After about 500 miles I put on the Sway bar and I can tell you I don't even feel it now. It was night and day difference for me.

I would recommend one thing if doing this yourself. You have to get the front end up kinda high to get the old bar out and the new bar in. Its about 2 feet. If you have never lifted your Spyder that high its not the most balanced thing in the world. I used my bed ramps on the Truck and drove up on that to get my front end up high enough and stable. Made the job a lot easier.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

Thanks Everyone! I'm gonna see if i can get the salesman to install it before they deliver.
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops
    3.5mm Extension from Amazon
    Lamonster USB Cable Holder & Cable
    Foam Grips from Spyderpops
    Tricled Strobe Brake Light module
    Tricled Bag Lights (replace reflectors)
    Tricled Turn/Brake/Run Signals Rear
    Tricled Floorboard Lights
    Tricled Sequential Run/Turn Fender Lights
    Tricled A-Frame Run/Turn Lights
    Tricled LED American Flag Mount & Flag
    Showchrome American Flag
    2020 RT Limited , Says Chalk White, but in person it is much more gray

Spyder Garage

From what I've read here, there's a world of improvements to the handling of the 20+ compared to older models. If you're on a 16, you may find the 20 just fine for your style. I'm a spirited rider/ryder so I needed the Bajaron to better control my stupidity.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I am sure the 2020-21 would benefit from better front tires also, like the earlier model years. I did it in two stages, Federal Formoza AZ01's and a couple weeks later the BajaRon's sway bar.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Had one on my 11 had one on my 14. ordered one for my 20 before i got the bike and sent it back. Unless you are a racer don't kid yourself. You don't need it.

Spyder Garage

I rode my 2020 for about 6 months with the stock suspension.
    BRP has, at long last, pretty much caught up with the aftermarket suspension improvements either by changing components, or geometry.
    I wasn't disappointed with the stock set up, I'm not racing or pushing the envelope anymore.
    Nevertheless, BRP still uses those same crappy plastic heim links. I wanted to replace them with Ron's more reliable metal ones.
    So, I fell into the "might as well as". As long as I was replacing the links, I might as well replace the sway bar.
    I haven't noticed much of a difference, but as I said, I'm not an aggressive rider.
    So you should replace the crappy plastic links, and for a few dollars more, replace the bar, but, in my view, you are upgrading the reliability of the suspension parts, not necessarily a big boost in performance.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FINFAN3DP View Post
    Thanks Everyone! I'm gonna see if i can get the salesman to install it before they deliver.
    You can have Ron ship the sway bar directly to the dealership. In2014 I did that and the dealership charged $82 labor for installation. You should also ask if they have the Rolo laser alignment system and if they do, ask them to check the alignment and correct it if necessary; shouldn't cost more than $150 max and really more like $125.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

My experience in comparing a 2014 with a bar to a 2020 without one is that the 2014 with a bar is a much more stable ride. I don't think you need to be a speed demon at all - you'll easily feel the difference on the curves, even at the speed limit.

Does it NEED the bar - none of them NEED the bar, but it's the best value of any suspension related enhancement I can think of.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

My 2013 felt really unstable on the freeway...a little scary at times. I bought the BajaRon bar and installed and it made all the difference in the world. The bike stays firmly planted now at freeway speed. Would not have thought it could improve the ride that much, but I was surprised. Can’t speak for the 2020.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had a 2018 RT Limited and now have a 2021 RT base model. I'd say the current generation doesn't need a BajaRon sway bar nearly as much as the previous generation but it DOES make a difference.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefburg View Post
    My 2013 felt really unstable on the freeway...a little scary at times. I bought the BajaRon bar and installed and it made all the difference in the world. The bike stays firmly planted now at freeway speed. Would not have thought it could improve the ride that much, but I was surprised. Can’t speak for the 2020.
    I also bought a 2013 ST-S for Peggy. I rode it back from Beatrice, Nebraska, a distance of around 150 miles. It was rock steady on the interstate, in
    fact I found myself regularly exceeding 75 mph. It had 4200 miles and stone stock. It would appear that yours may be out of alignment...maybe.

However I disliked the amount of body lean when cornering after we got it home and I was playing around with it. The BajaRon anti-sway bar basically
    did away with any body lean. It didn't need any help with the straight-line riding, but certainly did wonders with the cornering. As far as a new model...
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor