Spyder Garage

Default Hand guards recommendation

Has anyone got recommendations for hand guards on their Ryker?

Unfortunately, my Rally had the factory hand guards removed before I bought it so I'm looking around for high-quality alternatives that provide decent wind protection.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe look into the Outlander fairing if it suits you. You can kill a lot of birds with one stone if you like the style. Wind protection, hand, windshield, extra lights behind lower part of windshield, drink holders, place to mount your cell phone plus more. cueman

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cripes View Post

Unfortunately, my Rally had the factory hand guards removed before I bought it so I'm looking around for high-quality alternatives that provide decent wind protection.
    For the largest variety and best price I would look on E-bay, .... they are commonly used on dirt bikes and snowmobiles ..... just be sure to check on how any of them attaches to the handlebars ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cripes View Post

There is HippoHands which I heard good things about - more for colder weather.

https://www.hippohands.com/

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    There is HippoHands which I heard good things about - more for colder weather.

https://www.hippohands.com/
    WOW ... this item has changed ( a lot ) from when they were orig. designed for Snow-mobiles back 40 years ago ..... I have a pair from a company called " BagMan " that I bought decades ago for snowmobiling ( unfortunately it was AFTER I got a severe case of frostbite ) .... I now have them attached to my Ski Poles, even with heated gloves I still have to be careful when skiing for long periods .... without them the Heated gloves just arn't enough ..... mine are flat, wind/waterproof, with a thick fleece lining. I have used them on my RT a few times and they were great ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I recently purchased battery powered heated gloves from Amazon and they work as advertised. There are dozens of different types listed from $30 to $120 and more.

Spyder Garage

I rather like the BarkBusters Storm hand guards - https://barkbusters.net/products/storm/3476-stm-007-bk/ as they're meant for wind protection rather than avoiding damage to the clutch/brake levers, as on a bike. I also prefer a simple bar end attachment, as some of the alternative attachments to the handlebar are a little clunky.

I like the fact there's no branding for a more stealthy look.

I think the Outlander fairing maybe a little overkill, but it certainly offers great protection.

Spyder Garage

I also use the outlander fairing - in one piece you get hand guards a GPS or Phone holder direct over the display - three different windscreens two drink-holders and its detachable without any tools in some seconds ..
    for Shure the cheapest way to make a all-weather touring Ryker ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Wow, those Hippohands are pretty slick. If I lived up north, I think I'd have to own some.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition