Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Auxiliary Lights ?

I have 2010 Spyder RT without fog lights. I've been thinking of adding a set of fog/driving lights . Has anyone done this ??
    I don't really see where I can mount them?? Thought about on the a-arms but the plastic covering doesn't appear to give me a place to mount them
    Anyone have any ideas ?/ Thanks

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I put them on the fenders of my 2013 RT. Take a read here, https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...l=1#post905828 , then follow the link to see a pic of them. The foglight connectors are under the tupperware above the shocks.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stant52 View Post
    I have 2010 Spyder RT without fog lights. I've been thinking of adding a set of fog/driving lights . Has anyone done this ??
    I don't really see where I can mount them?? Thought about on the a-arms but the plastic covering doesn't appear to give me a place to mount them
    If you were to Add the OEM Fog lights it would be very expensive .... you would need the ENTIRE plastic assembly that holds them in place .... ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND they arn't very bright any how ..... there are any number of after-market LED's that can turn Night into day ( really ) .... I like the ones that Denali makes , measuring brightness vs. cost they are possibly the least expensive .... google them .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I already realize everything you stated. And I've found numerous led lights that I like .
    The problem is finding a location on the Spyder to mount them !

The 2010 RT has a plastic frame over top of the a-arms and I don't see a good place to mount lights. That's the problem
    Just asking if anyone has any other ideas then I have .
    THANKS

Spyder Garage

You might be able to notch out the plastic to mount the lights to the A arms.
    Mounting lights so low may be problematic since they'll be more susceptible to damage.
    Have you replaced the headlight bulbs with LED's yet ?
    You may achieve more bangs for your buck that way.
    Replacing the headlight bulbs with 6000K lights will allow for a much further throw of both the high and low beams.
    Even if the power output remains the same, the whiter light brightens up your view so you can see further.
    And God Knows, you'll be more visible to incoming traffic at night.
    If you upgrade the headlight bulbs, you may not need auxiliary lights after all.
    Just a thought, I could be wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RTS-SE6

The right side of the OEM was not working, so I replaced with LED headlights/fog lights.

The LED lights give you a wider area to see ( on the sides of the road). Also better visibility on the road.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Someone mounted some to inside of fenders (sorry lost thread)IMG_4835.JPG believe have seen similar on bumpskid as well. Having SpyderPops led skid works great tooIMG_8316.jpg

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stant52 View Post
    I think a previous lighting vendor who is no longer on here had a set up that mounted to the fender brackets??? I'm sure someone on here had them, but I don't remember who??? Hopefully they'll see you post and step up...In the mean time I'll look out in my garage...It seems to me I bought a set and never used them...And your not far from me...I'm in south central PA...larryd

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    I think a previous lighting vendor who is no longer on here had a set up that mounted to the fender brackets??? I'm sure someone on here had them, but I don't remember who??? Hopefully they'll see you post and step up...In the mean time I'll look out in my garage...It seems to me I bought a set and never used them...And your not far from me...I'm in south central PA...larryd
    Sent you a PM...I have a new set with everything needed to install on RT...larryd

https://tricledusa.com/collections/s...d-s-spotlights
    Last edited by larryd; 01-27-2021 at 12:22 AM. Reason: added a link to lights

Spyder Garage

stant52..........
    Did you see this ??

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...hts-NEW-in-Box
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I mounted mine to the a-arms on that plastic shield. Use star washers between the bracket and the plastic to help keep bracket from rotating. Got my lights from Superbrightleds.com
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I mounted mine to the a-arms on that plastic shield. Use star washers between the bracket and the plastic to help keep bracket from rotating. Got my lights from Superbrightleds.com
    Can you post a pic ?? Thank you

Spyder Garage

Here's what I did stant.

aux light.jpg
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'm Very interested in these and hope I didn't wait too long------------
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Larryd's lights have been sold.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I put them on the fenders of my 2013 RT. Take a read here, https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...l=1#post905828 , then follow the link to see a pic of them. The foglight connectors are under the tupperware above the shocks.
    Say Idaho,
    I purchased a set of driving lights from larryd and plan to mount them on the fenders as you did. I want them to come on with the fog lights ( LEDs ). Do you think that in the fog light wiring is too small to carry the amperage of the LED driving lights and the LED replacement fog lights???? I know a relay could be used but is it necessary?

Thanks in advance,
    Lew L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Say Idaho,
    I purchased a set of driving lights from larryd and plan to mount them on the fenders as you did. I want them to come on with the fog lights ( LEDs ). Do you think that in the fog light wiring is too small to carry the amperage of the LED driving lights and the LED replacement fog lights???? I know a relay could be used but is it necessary?

Thanks in advance,
    Lew L
    You should be OK, but compare the watts of the OEM incandescent bulbs with the combined watts of your LEDs. The LEDs ought to be somewhat less. The fog lights are part of the load handled by the load shedding relay. That circuit is fused at 25 amps.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Idaho I thought is would be OK but wanted your expert opinion.
    BTW My wife's son and daughter in law have moved to Boise. ( Eagle actually)

Spyder Garage

Do you know what color the wires are to the fog lights????

Thanks in advance, Lew L

Spyder Garage

Do you know what color the wires are to the fog lights????

Thanks in advance, Lew L
    According to the wiring diagram in the harness Gray/Green and black. There may be a Gray/Beige one in the harness which is for the non-US/Canada lower headlights.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Thank you Sir,
    I'll either ( plan A) wire to the fogs or (plan B) wire to a switch on the dash and fused line to the battery.
    Lew L

Spyder Garage

Well the lights are installed. About 2.5 hrs. With IdahoMTNSpyder's help ( wire colors for the fog lights), it was a straightforward install. They are are very bright. I'll be aiming them this afternoon and/or evening. These are the lights:
    https://tricledusa.com/collections/s...d-s-spotlights

Lew L

Spyder Garage

Thank you Sir,
    I'll either ( plan A) wire to the fogs or (plan B) wire to a switch on the dash and fused line to the battery.
    Lew L
    I would suggest you buy from eBay or Amazon some connectors with pigtails that fit the fog light harness connectors and connect those to your new lights. Also get the OEM fog light switch, or equivalent, as a repair part for the RT. Plug the switch into the harness at the switch cluster where the other switches are. You do have a blank at the far right of the switch cluster, right? Or have you used it for a USB outlet or whatever? There is no pressing need to muck with running a wire to the battery. The current capacity of the OEM fog light harness will easily handle whatever LED lights you install.

If you need help finding the right parts to order let us know.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Used plan A, worked a treat. Very bright.

Spyder Garage

Hope to see the new lights very soon.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack