Spyder Garage

Default Anyone riding a Corbin seat? 2019 F3

Anyone riding on a Corbin seat. Thinking of buying one for my 2019 F3
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Not currently...but had one on my 2008 GS and one on my 2010 RT. Over 50,000 Corbin seat miles.

I am one of the few who liked them. They never get broke in and always remain hard feeling. Us that like em, call them "supportive."

Cost wise they are more pricey than the BRP Comfort style seats which are around $600.

I currently have the Cannonball seat on my 2019 F3L. Better than the OEM. The jury is out on the 2020 F3L. Linda says the OEM is pretty comfortable after a 100 mile ride. If we decide on an upline seat, we will try the Cross Country this go around.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-11-2021 at 07:19 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have one on my 2014 RT. Takes a bit getting used to because it is hard. But once beyond that initial shock it is a comfortable long-distance seat. Over 50,000 miles on it now.

Was told not to give up on it until you have 1,000 miles on it. Not sure if it adjust to your backside.... or if your backside adjusts to it!

Bob
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Not on my Spyder, but had them on 5 other bikes. Always loved them. Why not the Spyder ? They are a (1) piece design, and I like my split seat design better. My Seth Laam seat is very nice tho

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Not currently...but had one on my 2008 GS and one on my 2010 RT. Over 50,000 Corbin seat miles.

I am one of the few who liked them. They never get broke in and always remain hard feeling. Us that like em, call them "supportive."

Cost wise they are more pricey than the BRP Comfort style seats. Around $600.

I currently have the Cannonball seat on my 2019 F3L. Better than the OEM. The jury is out on the 2020 F3L. Linda says the OEM is pretty comfortable after a 100 mile ride. If we decide on an upline seat, we will try the Cross Country this go around.
    It’s interesting that you find the Cannonball and Corbin comfortable, AR. I have tried the Cannonball and found it no better than stock.....I guess this means that I am one of those who would not be happy with a Corbin

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    It’s interesting that you find the Cannonball and Corbin comfortable, AR. I have tried the Cannonball and found it no better than stock.....I guess this means that I am one of those who would not be happy with a Corbin

Pete
    Yes. Seats are a very personal thing and ones good seat can be another's worst seat. Your comment about Cannonball being no better than stock is pretty close IMO. I like it "better" than OEM...and I can go 100 miles without the butt falling off. But...I am not at that "happy" place yet.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Every ones rear ends are different!!!! That's why when I go to the beach I always wear my DARK glasses!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I had a Corbin on my Royal Star Tour Deluxe. I rode it for 20,000 miles and in the end I went back to the stock seat. It did give good support but was never comfortable. I learned that it doesn't break in you do. Would never have another. I installed motorcycledaves.com gel pad in my stock seat and now I can ride all day.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had a Corbin seat for my FJ1200, the Gunfighter and Lady. It didn't work for me and I was never happy with it. It
    was very heavy due to the thick fiberglass build. I kept it for a few years but never used it. When I finally sold it, the
    fiberglass had broken. They offered to repair it, but I would have to pay the shipping to them, and pay for the
    repair, even with the "Lifetime Warranty". Told them "No Thanks".

I would say I was not one of their satisfied customers.

I have a Sargent seat on my VFR and thoroughly love it.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For best results you have to go to the factory and have it made fit your size/shape. My Corbin is shaped similar to a western saddle the cowboys use and they're really hard. The Corbin is much softer but very good for the back. Have it made right and it works.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    For best results you have to go to the factory and have it made fit your size/shape. My Corbin is shaped similar to a western saddle the cowboys use and they're really hard. The Corbin is much softer but very good for the back. Have it made right and it works.
    I second that. I had Corbin make a seat for my previous RoadKing, but I took advantage of their "ride-in" service to get it fitted. The stock profile would not have been comfortable, but after a short ride, they carved out the foam as I requested and installed the cover. I also added a rider backrest.

Yes, I was quite firm at first but after a few hundred miles things improved. Whether it was the seat or my butt I can't say for sure. I do know that after this "break-in" period, I absolutely loved the seat and the backrest. It made the stock seat a joke. I also found the materials and the construction to be of high quality. I requested a stitch pattern based on another seat I came across at their shop, and it turned out much better than I expected.

So count me a happy Corbin customer for HD. But, as someone else suggested, I'm not a big fan of what they've developed for Spyders. If I buy a different RT seat, it will likely not be a Corbin.

Good luck!
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Piss poor customer service! Bought one for my Victory, through my dealer. Both were terrible. I had to modify it myself to get it to fit. IMHO Stay away from them! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Like I said earlier, you will either love Corbin seats or hate them. Both sides are answering the thread.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Three of my five Corbin seats were custom sized for me, and all fit perfectly. On my FZ09, I opted for carbon fiber look leather, and after about a month it started to kinda "peel". I shot off some pix to Corbin. They sent me a prepaid return label, re-covered my seat, and had it back to me in two weeks. No issues after that. That was my only experience with their customer service, but it was exemplary. YMMV...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

RE: Service from Corbin

My experiences were also good. I bought fairings and trunk boxes for both my 08 GS and the 09 RS. They looked like the first RT's when we got done with them...but a year or so early of the RT introduction. I have always said that BRP used our bikes as a model for the RT. We added the BRP Givi saddle bags because I was not willing to go the $1500 plus per set from Corbin...although I like that look better.

My only complaint was how long it took to get the products from Corbin. I waited over a month for all the shipments. Back in the day, Lamont posted that I must have received my shipment via "Ice Road Truckers," a popular program at the time.

I cannot get the picture to transfer, but if you want a look, see my 2009 album for several pictures of the 08 and 09.

Link will not transfer either. For a look, just click on my name, go to view profile, albums, more, and it is the last album shown. 2009-The Alaska Gallery.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-27-2021 at 10:07 AM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

After 1000 miles the stock seat lost its cushion and caused discomfort after 45mins of riding. I bought a PORTABLE gel seat cushion from purple mattress company. It's 1 inch thick and fits the stock f3s seat perfectly. I trimmed one side to fit the curve of the backrest section of the seat. It comes with a zippered cover with handles sewn into both sides. I used some thin string to tie the handles to the passenger grab rails so there is no chance of losing the cushion while riding. I have ridden for 3 hrs straight and had no issues with discomfort. For $39 dollars it was worth every cent! I bought 2 and have one on the passenger seat when I have a passenger.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Time2ride View Post
    After 1000 miles the stock seat lost its cushion and caused discomfort after 45mins of riding. I bought a PORTABLE gel seat cushion from purple mattress company. It's 1 inch thick and fits the stock f3s seat perfectly. I trimmed one side to fit the curve of the backrest section of the seat. It comes with a zippered cover with handles sewn into both sides. I used some thin string to tie the handles to the passenger grab rails so there is no chance of losing the cushion while riding. I have ridden for 3 hrs straight and had no issues with discomfort. For $39 dollars it was worth every cent! I bought 2 and have one on the passenger seat when I have a passenger.
    Little adjustments can sometimes make big changes. Don't have many miles yet, but already have felt the butt issue 2020 RTL.
    That extra height in the seat with the cushion is it noticeable..... Good/bad?

Spyder Garage

It squashes down under your weight a bit. And it absorbs some of the jarring bumps from manhole covers. The extra height was not an issue for me . I'm short so it actually helps my arm position while riding. It's an inexpensive alternative to a brand new seat. And if you don't like it on the spyder you ccan put it on your car seat or any other chair for that matter!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post

Cost wise they are more pricey than the BRP Comfort style seats. Around $600.

"Thay never get broke in"
    How many times I have listened to that about their Corbin seat...
    I have installed my GEL with Memory foam into the Corbin seats mor times than I can count
    after that they are great yo can sit n it all day.
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg

Spyder Garage

i installed dave gel with memory foam into my 2019 f3 limited, major difference. just the right kind of firm but all day comfort