Spyder Garage

Default Extended BEST warranty

Hello, I have a 2020 can am ryker 900 and looking to get the extended warranty. Given the amount of issues I had with my 2019 600 I would like the peace of mind of having this under warranty for another 3 years.

My question is, I live in Canada (Toronto) and the warranty is about 1200 CDN. In the states I can get it for around 700 USD which is still almost 300 cheaper after conversion. If I buy it in the USA are there any issues using it in Canada. I know it's a north American warranty but are there any downsides?

Spyder Garage

From my post in the general on 12-30-2020

Just off the phone with Thomas Palmer at IMOTORSPORTS and you can reach him at 630-634-8428 or Thomas.Palmer@imotorsportsinc.com

BRP BEST 3 year for Spyders is $671
    BRP BEST 3 year for Rykers is $621

IMOTORSPORTS is a Supporting dealer here.

Contact, Thomas Palmer and see if the price is the same for you in Canada

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Thanks. Just reached out

Spyder Garage

I used to sell powersports for a few years after retirement. A lot of Canadian sledders would come to WI to buy sleds for the price conversion. I can tell you that BRP would NOT honor USA warranties on Ski Doo sleds in Canada. And, BRP-Canada would not deal at all with USA dealers. Guessing that Can-Am will be similar for Canadian warranty purposes.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Typically warranty provisions are a result of the negations between the countries distributer and the manufacturer. A warranty is nothing more than an insurance policy, ie has an expense attached to the cost of the unit that is part of the wholesale price that the dealer body pays to the countries distributer, the cost of that respective is most of the time hidden in the cost the dealer pays. Each country negotiates the warranty given to the ultimate customer, ie you and I. The factory negotiates with the respective countries distributer the kind of factory warranty for the specific product or product line that they best can be used as a selling point for that product.

Canada and the USA are under two different and separate Distributorships.....................Even tho' they may be owned by the same entity.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I used to sell powersports for a few years after retirement. A lot of Canadian sledders would come to WI to buy sleds for the price conversion. I can tell you that BRP would NOT honor USA warranties on Ski Doo sleds in Canada. And, BRP-Canada would not deal at all with USA dealers. Guessing that Can-Am will be similar for Canadian warranty purposes.
    so did your Canadian customers come back to you for warranty work or were they just SOL?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Never had anyone come back ...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

So I contacted a few US dealers and all said they are unable to sell me a warranty as I am in Canada. Is there anyone in Canada that offers a good price in the warranty ?

Spyder Garage

Hey there. I'm in Ottawa and bought my warranty for my 900 last year from Loiselle in Embrun (https://www.loisellesports.com/). I went with the 3 year one, here were the prices:

12 month - 631.50$
    24 month - 856.50$
    36 month - 1006.50$
    Plus taxe.

Not super cheap BUT it does include roadside assist. CAA wanted an extra $150/year to add motorcycles to my plan so I figure I got the warranty for $550 (given I was willing to pay for roadside anyway).