Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL Tp Storage Case (Cam Locking Mechanism)

I need some help, I have to remove the rear top case to travel with my RTL in my toy hauler. The top case removes but the quick cam switch in the bottom of the case is VERY hard to turn. Is there anyway to loosen it up to make it easier to detect from the bike. I didn’t want to try anything until I posed it on the site. Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9IRDm2KrdU

Also I think one of this would work.
    https://www.amazon.com/Perko-12487-8..._t1_B00WFJ3E7K

I would be taking a piece of aluminum flat bar about 1" x 8" x 1/4", put about a 30 degree bind at around 3" , drilling two 1/4" holes, bolting on two 1/4-20 bolts with smooth shanks, and then cut the heads off with a cutoff wheel in my Dremel tool. Then put a couple layers of shrink tubing on the bolt shanks, and a piece on the "handle" end also. Chris
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, the first time I tried to take my top case off it was a real bear to turn. I too used a rubber edged clamp to twist it off. Locking it was much easier. That recess in the dial wasn't deep enough to get a good grip on it. After taking it on and off a few times however, I can now twist it with one hand. Guess ya just had to break it in.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue