Thread: Finally!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Finally!!!

The Spyder arrived here in Austin yesterday morning! HaulBikes did the move and did it well at a great price. Took longer than I thought it would, but turns out that was OK since the garage is still pretty full of bins and boxes after our move here from Connecticut. Can't get the car in the garage, but I made a hole for the Spyder. Oh, and it was a balmy 77 degrees here yesterday so I wasted no time in hitting the road. Nice to be back in my home state after 42 years in the Northeast.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Welcome back from your neighbor in Round Rock, TX.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Good for you enjoy, be safe!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Escaping the Northeast is a dream of mine too! Trapped in Jersey till wife retires.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Being that I was born and raised in Pennsylvania and moved to the south 48 years ago, I have no regrets.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I've lived in four states during my life and career and have developed an observation of why people stay, move to, or return to, specific areas of the country. People largely stay, move to, or return to, Idaho because of the environment. We have wonderful mountains, trees, desserts, clean air, open spaces, etc., that attract and hold people. In the Quad Cities area of Illinois/Iowa a person could be born, educated through college, and have a good paying blue collar or white collar career, and retire comfortably, all in one location, so economy was the primary factor. In Louisiana I saw the strongest family ties anywhere. A quip I heard one time is, "Don't you know every girl born in New Orleans is born with a rubber band tied to her mother?"

The contrast in reasons for staying, moving, or returning, is interesting. In one case it's the environment, in the next, economy, and in the third, family. It was too many years ago and I was too young to see what the factor was that played out in Pennsylvania.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

It's 25 ° up here today.
    I'm very glad you and Valerie are safe, warm and happy.
    But do you really have to rub it in ???
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Hope you like it. Hard to believe someone would go from Texas to Connecticut, not enough money in the world for that.

2015 RTL White

Spyder Garage

Welcome back to Texas from just down the road in the New Braunfels area. Your priorities are spot on too - Spyder in the garage and the car in the driveway. We've managed to put both Spyders and my wife's car in the garage. My car has it's place in the driveway, but it doesn't seem to mind. Oh, and because it was a warm day yesterday, we rode to Johnson City for some of Whittington's General Store excellent beef, pork, and turkey jerky. As good a reason for a ride as any and better than some.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am still trying to figure out where to retire? But 77 deg day sounds good right now and a long ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    The Spyder arrived here in Austin yesterday morning! HaulBikes did the move and did it well at a great price. Took longer than I thought it would, but turns out that was OK since the garage is still pretty full of bins and boxes after our move here from Connecticut. Can't get the car in the garage, but I made a hole for the Spyder. Oh, and it was a balmy 77 degrees here yesterday so I wasted no time in hitting the road. Nice to be back in my home state after 42 years in the Northeast.
    Welcome back to Texas. I am just down the road in San Antonio! The riding weather here is great!