Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

what kind of battery life do you get. In reading reviews (may be old) they talk about having four to five hours and the fact it can be charged while it is on?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
    what kind of battery life do you get. In reading reviews (may be old) they talk about having four to five hours and the fact it can be charged while it is on?
    If you're talking about me, I can ride all day w/o the battery dying. I don't think it can be charged whilst being used but I'm not 100% sure about that. I make sure it's charged before I leave out and don't worry about it after that. If I'm only riding for a few hours both Saturday and Sunday, I don't even think about plugging it in until the next weekend. Even then, I still have plenty of juice left.

If you were buying another helmet, I'd recommed (barely) a Cardo Packtalk SLIM (I hate things hanging off my helmet). In this case, I wouldn't recommend anything but the SRL/SRL2.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    If you're talking about me, I can ride all day w/o the battery dying. I don't think it can be charged whilst being used but I'm not 100% sure about that. I make sure it's charged before I leave out and don't worry about it after that. If I'm only riding for a few hours both Saturday and Sunday, I don't even think about plugging it in until the next weekend. Even then, I still have plenty of juice left.

If you were buying another helmet, I'd recommed (barely) a Cardo Packtalk SLIM (I hate things hanging off my helmet). In this case, I wouldn't recommend anything but the SRL/SRL2.
    thank you sir I have made the decision to buy the srl2. I think it will e the best for what we need. Thanks to all for the input.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

thank you sir I have made the decision to buy the srl2. I think it will e the best for what we need. Thanks to all for the input.
    Make sure it's the SRL2 you really need. If not, buy the original SRL. As I previously mentioned, other than that little mike plug, both are identical.

Spyder Garage

Sounds more like battery on wireless headphones than communications headsets Headsets more 8~12hr or better range usually varies per maker. Sena 20S EVO just got in July been doing great & even displays battery bar on phone screen when connected have not tried charging in use, no need always been good, & would pretty well defeat the going wireless idea. ask Motorcycle Dave, he will help you find right fit
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-24-2021 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Fixed emoji control commands

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights