Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    Mine was an "early 21". I gave the warranty person the pictures of the new sprocket, part numbers and a few quotes from here including the BRP info stating the two post September changes. The added insulation is not an issue for me, only the sprocket.

Dealer seemed pretty positive about getting BRP to cover this. If not will insist dealer should do it anyway. Will find out next week. If the whine remains may get the BRP listed belt tensioner which even BRP claim quiets the drive train. This whine is not something that is overpowering or upsetting...
    I'm in exactly the same situation - please keep us posted on how the dealer/BRP responds.
    Thx!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clintribble View Post
    I'm in exactly the same situation - please keep us posted on how the dealer/BRP responds.
    Thx!
    Getting back to a few who wondered about this. I went through my warranty guy at my dealer a week ago and he was pretty positive on BRP replacing the front sprocket on my early 21. Got a call today and BRP is shipping the parts so should see them next week.

When I went to the dealer I took the pictures of the sprocket and the comments from all you here pertaining to the late year change, possibly decreasing the noise, etc. The dealer was happy I did the research as they really didn't have a lot of info or customer feedback on this. Having the supporting documents helped sell my request. I'm very happy with the 21 and the 350 miles I have on it and if the weather would ever clear up I'd get back out there.

Spyder Garage

I discussed the noise issue with he dealer and BRP is aware of it. My dealer ordered the new sprocket and installed it under warranty. Now the noise issue is gone.

Spyder Garage

That is good to hear.

Spyder Garage

My shop said they redesigned it due to wearing on derive belt. My dealer read me a shop notice from can am on both noises we hear at around 50/55 and 70 / 75. Can am is ver aware of the noise problems but know real solutions.

Spyder Garage

How do I find out the month and year my 2021 Spyder RT Ltd was built?
    Thanks..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Thanks..
    Should be on the VIN &/or Manufacturer's Compliance plate/sticker. Check on the Swingarm, or under the seat; but it WILL be on the machine somewhere.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Thanks..
    You can call Can Am service and ask them (888-272-9222) when your Spyder was built. They can also tell you when your warranty went into effect. If the date of warranty isn't the date you purchased call the dealer and have them fix it.

Spyder Garage

Really, i have a 2015 spyder rt. 24,000 miles. Never beat. Just gave out in traffic. Very dangerous. Just driving not shifting.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    I won't replace it till the beginning of March so I don't have anything to compare it to. But this is the redesigned one hope it's quieter!
    I replaced mine on my 2019 F3L…..I did notice the whistling from the drive train was quieter
    …..plus, I was able to apply assembly paste on output shaft to prevent premature wear which had started with he old pulley.
    Last edited by bikerchris1270; 03-12-2022 at 08:42 PM.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Side by side pictures.
    Holes are the same size. Looks like the flange to sprocket hub is slopped compared to the old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " SLOPPED " ...?????? Thanks .... Mike
    One to many beers so I got 2 p's��
    Did you mean ...." sloped " as the angle on a hill ???? .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-13-2022 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry can't resist...

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I used moly paste. Honda 77 assembly lube. 60% moly.
    I think you are correct on the "moly paste" instead of anti-sieze--at least according to the bmw online tech guy (Paul Glaves). He suggested a mixture of the Honda Moly and I think Bel-Ray waterproof grease for the splines on the beemer drive shafts as they moved. I still have both paste and grease and may use it on my 21 RT at the upcoming rear tire swap, depending on if I see any red dust.
    2021 Spyder RTL Red, 2022 Kawasaki Z 400

Spyder Garage

Alleged NEW design front Sprocket .... To me BRP has done exactly what they did with DESS module .... some smart *SS engineer re-designed that ..... AND BROKE IT ....We began have DESS issues on a reg. basis starting in 2016 ..... On to the NEW SPROCKET issue .... BRP did something to either the PART itself or the Mounting procedure and it has caused issues.. A couple of years went by and the F-3 model began to have Front SPROCKET failures. The NEW model Sprocket is now beginning to showing a high Failure rate. Why can't they leave the NON-BROKEN parts alone ...... end of RANT .... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-14-2022 at 09:42 AM.

Spyder Garage

" . . . there are "fat-fingered" mistakes . . ."
    I have 'missing finger mistakes, will that work?
    2016 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Alleged NEW design front Sprocket .... To me BRP has done exactly what they did with DESS module .... some smart *SS engineer re-designed that ..... AND BROKE IT ....We began have DESS issues on a reg. basis starting in 2016 ..... On to the NEW SPROCKET issue .... BRP did something to either the PART itself or the Mounting procedure and it has caused issues.. A couple of years went by and the F-3 model began to have Front SPROCKET failures. The NEW model Sprocket is now beginning to showing a high Failure rate. Why can't they leave the NON-BROKEN parts alone ...... end of RANT .... good luck .... Mike
    I agree Blueknight911.

All that comes to mind is one of my favourite sayings when it comes to BRP and the front pulley - to Err is human, but to maintain that Err for 5+ years takes real incompetence.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    I agree Blueknight911.

All that comes to mind is one of my favourite sayings when it comes to BRP and the front pulley - to Err is human, but to maintain that Err for 5+ years takes real incompetence.
    ..... Very WELL said .... great minds think alike ..... Mike