Spyder Garage

Default Race Tech Suspension

While (still) awaiting a reply from M2, I reached out to Race Tech about suspension for my F3S. Got this back:

Hello Jeff,

We do have shocks available from our G3-S custom shock line. They are built to order and setup for the rider and riding style specifically. The shocks come in our IFP with rebound and preload adjust option. The rear has the option for Hydraulic preload. Price for the front pair is $899.99. And the rear starts at $799.99.

Let me know if you would like more info or have any questions.
    Regards,

Jeff Zeliadt

G3S Department

Race Tech Suspension

Having a couple Race Tech vendors near by, I might have to dig a bit deeper...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the M2 shocks on my f3ss. They are amazing at how much better the bike rides. Price will be around the same as the racetech after the spyderlovers discount. I have helped friends install many different brands of shocks on four wheelers over the years. Holding the m2's, you can feel the quality of the materials. I know that might sound cliche, but you will only understand when you have the oem fox podium in one hand and the m2 in the other. Call Marcus directly and ask about setup and spring rates to suit YOUR preference. I ride aggressive. The open road is not a smooth race course. Too stiff and potholes and manholes are jarring. Choose your ride while talking with the man building your shocks. That will not occur with any other manufacturer. Enjoy the ride!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Time2ride View Post
    I have the M2 shocks on my f3ss. They are amazing at how much better the bike rides. Price will be around the same as the racetech after the spyderlovers discount. I have helped friends install many different brands of shocks on four wheelers over the years. Holding the m2's, you can feel the quality of the materials. I know that might sound cliche, but you will only understand when you have the oem fox podium in one hand and the m2 in the other. Call Marcus directly and ask about setup and spring rates to suit YOUR preference. I ride aggressive. The open road is not a smooth race course. Too stiff and potholes and manholes are jarring. Choose your ride while talking with the man building your shocks. That will not occur with any other manufacturer. Enjoy the ride!
    RIGHT ON!! M2 Shocks, OUTSHOCKING the Competition every day.
    T.P.

Spyder Garage

$800 bucks for 1 shock?? I think I'll find something a little more reasonable.......

Spyder Garage

I've used them on both of my RTs and they are very good and of a very high quality. When I needed one rebuilt (my fault) it was done in a very reasonable amount of time. When it's time to replace the ones on my new 2020 (and it will be around 30K miles), I'll spend the money again to do it right with Racetech.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I have Race Tech Shocks front and rear...and recently installed a Baja Ron Sway Bar... the Ride/Handling is Fantastic!!! Worth every penny!

Spyder Garage

Do your shock springs have any I.D. numbers on them to identify spring rate??
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I'll look and see

Spyder Garage

Hey Troop. Did you ever hear back from M2? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    There's no numbers on the springs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    There's no numbers on the springs
    Likely Eibachs. Especially if a sort of metalic blue. But could be Hyper coils also.

Many tuners these days do not want to share and will wipe away the spring spec info.

Guessing with Spyders having so much automotive roots, BRP likely uses Eibach springs, ordered special in regards to color and an oem PN.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Hey Troop. Did you ever hear back from M2? Tom
    I actually called and had a good conversation with Marcus. Phone contact is best.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Via a message from Race Tech, I was advised that, with my weight and riding style, the Race Tech spring rates would 'likely be":
    Front: 8.5Kg/mm
    Rear: 9.8 Kg/mm

Don't know if my math is right, but according to Marcus (M2) , the stock F3T spring is around 200lb/in. That's around 3.6Kg/mm. Hmmm

2022 RT Sea To Sky