Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Spyder 2020 GPS mount - will a Garmin 595 work?

Can-Am Spyder GPS mount on the Can-Am website part #219400992 the website says it is for 2020 or newer R/Ts. Will a Garmin 595 GPS work on this mount? I called Garmin and they could not find this part # to tell me if it adapts to there 595 unit Can anyone help Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Looks like this mount fits a Garmin 660. Don't think the 660 and 595 used the same mount. You should be able use just about any ball mount that your existing 595 will attach to.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hip256 View Post
    Can-Am Spyder GPS mount on the Can-Am website part #219400992 the website says it is for 2020 or newer R/Ts. Will a Garmin 595 GPS work on this mount? I called Garmin and they could not find this part # to tell me if it adapts to there 595 unit Can anyone help Thanks!
    Yes it will work with the Zumo 595

Spyder Garage

The item with PN 219400992 in the latest catalog is for a device called GPS Support. See this link: https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...s-support.html. The features section says the wiring/charging harness is included. The Zumo 660 is no longer in production and the Zumo 590 is the current model listed in the BRP catalog. The contact pin configuration, at least picture-wise, of the Zumo 590 and 595 is identical. The picture below is of my Zumo 590 mount which contains the wiring/charging harness.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks, everyone for your input on the BRP mount. I had Garmin on my 2014 RT limited worked well. I tried to use BRP Connect mapping App. on My 2020 RT Limited not impressed, got rid of the app after One month ate up data, and did not deliver what my previous Garmin did. reviewed Garmin XD 595 looks to be more advanced than my 14s 660. The BRP mount should give me the same built-in look of my 2014 Thanks Again!

Spyder Garage

On my previous bike I mounted my Zumo XT on a ball mount without hard wiring the power cable and just used the 12 volt power plug as used in a car. The RT doesn't have the power plug but has the USB port in the glove box. I set up my XT with a handlebar mount and plugged in my XT charging cable to that. It powers up fine and in case of rain I can just take it down. Only problem is I can't close the glove box. I'm out of my element with wiring so don't want to get into that when I already have power at hand. I may just run this way unless there is a better idea, the glove box closes to the wire anyway.

Spyder Garage

There's a rubber plug in the bottom of the removable glovebox. you can: 1 - Pop it out and feed the power wire thru the steering neck and up into the glovebox to USB or 2 - Push the existing 2 cables out the bottom of the box and plug into USB. Either way you can now lock the box. #2 bonus is more room in box.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    There's a rubber plug in the bottom of the removable glovebox. you can: 1 - Pop it out and feed the power wire thru the steering neck and up into the glovebox to USB or 2 - Push the existing 2 cables out the bottom of the box and plug into USB. Either way you can now lock the box. #2 bonus is more room in box.
    On option #2 when you pop the wires out of the bottom of the box are you feeding the USB (don't think I have a use for the other connector) up along the steering neck? The USB would not be weather protected but I think I can find a cap. I'm also thinking of doing a center mount for the XT but the left handlebar actually puts it up higher for my field of road vision a little better I think.

On option #1 not sure I understand this: "Pop it out and feed the power wire thru the steering neck and up into the glovebox to USB". The USB is already in the glove box now? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Feed the XT USB cable down into the steering neck and route it forward to connect it to the RT USB socket under the fairing (below the glovebox). If you're concerned about moisture, wrap the connection in electrical tape.
    BTW, the other cable is AUX in. I use it for my XM radio. If the XT has audio out, use it.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Thanks, that explains it. I usually carry my phone in my riding jacket but can still use the USB to charge it when needed or a small power pack. At this point I don't see a need for any further wiring for my purposes. The XT can carry it's own charge for several hours if needed.