Spyder Garage

Default Heli bars on 2020 RT

I just installed a set of heli bars on my 2020 RT and they are amazing. Many adjustments to make your ride as comfortable as it gets. I highly recommend them.

Spyder Garage

Absolutely agree 1000000%.
    In fact, I had the dealer install the same before I picked it up.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have a new set of Heli bars as well as a backrest for my 2020 Spyder, just need to get in the mood to do the install.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a set of Helibars on my 2021 RT. I agree. They're amazing. I need to lengthen the centering notch a hair so I can push them up a tad bit (since nobody makes a seat to push ME back) but other than that, they're just about perfect. I only wish they had been cheaper. $600 is a LOT of money.

Spyder Garage

Check the installation video out, its quite helpful.

Spyder Garage

I unfortunately had a different experience. After seeing them installed on a 2019 F3 and riding it I loved them. I ordered a pair for my 2021 RTL but could not find a comfortable setup. I am 6' 4" and even thought they are to high even at the lowest setting. After some research I found that they are the same set of bars for the F3 and RTL. The issue is the geometry of the two Spyders are very different. Even with the adjustments available they seemed better suited for the F3 then the RTL in my opinion. I worked on it for hours and hours and just could not get it right for me. I will say the customer services is good. They forgot to send the caps for behind the grips and sent me a new pair before I decided to send them back. They got a little short with me about the return but they refunded my money. I did have to pay for return shipping which is very odd in todays landscape of e-commerce.

Anyway I am glad they worked for you. I will say they are noticeable when installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

Thoughts, please.

I"m 5'6" (on a very good day) and found that adding Lamonster's raiser put my stock bars on my 2020 RTL in just the right place (if I turned them down as far as the pin would allow), but at too much of an angle to be comfortable for me. (Lamonster's Brake Riser was even more of a necessity.) That leaves me with the option of finding a set of bars with less angle (only) or the Helibars (which seem like the best option).

The video made it all look pretty simple to do, but I do only limited work on my own Spyder and know that seeing experts doing something online, and then doing it myself, are very different things. I can certainly have the install done for me.

Before I spend the $600+, I'm wondering if anybody has advice for me on any of this. (Somehow, this was never an issue with my 2010 or 2014 RT's, but then again I never even considered it an option to change the bars.)
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Looks like an uncomplicated install with all items pulling off after removal of a few bolts. Not a big deal on this upgrade. With the amount of adjustability, i am surprised the poster above could not find a spot that was comfortable as opposed to the stock bars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    Thoughts, please.

I"m 5'6" (on a very good day) and found that adding Lamonster's raiser put my stock bars on my 2020 RTL in just the right place (if I turned them down as far as the pin would allow), but at too much of an angle to be comfortable for me. (Lamonster's Brake Riser was even more of a necessity.) That leaves me with the option of finding a set of bars with less angle (only) or the Helibars (which seem like the best option).

The video made it all look pretty simple to do, but I do only limited work on my own Spyder and know that seeing experts doing something online, and then doing it myself, are very different things. I can certainly have the install done for me.

Before I spend the $600+, I'm wondering if anybody has advice for me on any of this. (Somehow, this was never an issue with my 2010 or 2014 RT's, but then again I never even considered it an option to change the bars.)
    I'm one of the most mechanically challenged people in the world. I installed Helibars myself. The ONLY thing that might take some thought is having to cut a zip tie or 2 under the tupperware IF you need a little more cable. The cable is there but sometimes it's tied up. Even that is easy (at least on my bike). Remove a couple side panels (search the site under my name for a how to video), figure out which zip tie needs to be cut and clip it. Easy peasy, Lemon Squeezy.

The bars on the previous generation RT could ONLY be changed out for TriAxis bars. That required you basically remove everything in front of the seat. If you don't need to clip that zip tie, you don't have to remove anything other than the grip modules and bars. That's it.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Spyder Garage

Thoughts, please.

It was very easy to install. On the 2020 I would say it wouldn't take you more then 15-20 minutes the first time to get them mounted. Adjusting them will take the longest amount of time. Well that and finding the allusive 7mm hex bit!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I have a set of Helibars on my 2021 RT. I agree. They're amazing. I need to lengthen the centering notch a hair so I can push them up a tad bit (since nobody makes a seat to push ME back) but other than that, they're just about perfect. I only wish they had been cheaper. $600 is a LOT of money.
    Yeah, that price is the only thing stopping me, MONK. By the time you covert $ and add shipping, they would cost me around $1100. I’m sure they are worth it, but I just can’t bring myself to fork out that much for bars

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yeah, that price is the only thing stopping me, MONK. By the time you covert $ and add shipping, they would cost me around $1100. I’m sure they are worth it, but I just can’t bring myself to fork out that much for bars

Pete
    That's what I said about them before I bought them. Buy once, cry once, mate.

Spyder Garage

That's what I said about them before I bought them. Buy once, cry once, mate.
    Yeah, that is normally my attitude too, MONK. The fly in the ointment is that Lamont’s Billy Club bars are a 90% fit for me, and I might be spending $1100 on bars that are no better than 90%. The Billy Clubs do look a bit too much like ape hangers (which I don’t like), unless I am actually sitting on the F3

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yeah, that is normally my attitude too, MONK. The fly in the ointment is that Lamont’s Billy Club bars are a 90% fit for me, and I might be spending $1100 on bars that are no better than 90%. The Billy Clubs do look a bit too much like ape hangers (which I don’t like), unless I am actually sitting on the F3

Pete
    I thought about a set of Billy Clubs except for (2) things. I wanted to change the angle of the grips and Lamont no longer sells them.

Spyder Garage

I thought about a set of Billy Clubs except for (2) things. I wanted to change the angle of the grips and Lamont no longer sells them.
    Well, that 2nd item may well be a deal breaker, MONK
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Back in stock now..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I did my install last week. It took me about an hour or so. Very simple even if your not that mechanical. The most difficult thing is finding the right adjustment for your liking! there are many. They are great.

Spyder Garage

What I would like to point out and no one has mentioned is what in the hell was BRP thinking putting these bars on the RT or RTL Anyway. Why oh why must we have to do this. And IF it was just one person or even a few it wouldn’t matter but many if not about all owners find these bars unacceptable. Just asking for a friend ��
    Doug 2020 RTL F3 Short reach bars -factory backrest
    K9CRT Ham Radio
    Sold 5/27/2021 Spyder just wasn’t for me. Went back to Goldwing

Spyder Garage

Thank you everybody for your help, the bars are ordered.

As Doug 44 pointed out, the bars on the other Spyders seemed such a good location and angle for so many of us, why not just keep that positioning?

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).

Spyder Garage

Thank you everybody for your help, the bars are ordered.

As Doug 44 pointed out, the bars on the other Spyders seemed such a good location and angle for so many of us, why not just keep that positioning?
    Because if they can use the same parts across their line of products it cheaper for them. That is obviously more important to them then our comfort!

Spyder Garage

Hey great info I just purchased a 2021 RTL chrome and I’m 6’ and 205 I’m having the same problem I feel like I’m sitting too closeWhere is the best place to order the bars? Can you post a link I’m down here in Florida?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Long View Post
    I just installed a set of heli bars on my 2020 RT and they are amazing. Many adjustments to make your ride as comfortable as it gets. I highly recommend them.
    Has anyone compared them to the Can Am branded adjustable Risers?
    2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Drwerner View Post
    Has anyone compared them to the Can Am branded adjustable Risers?
    I can compare them to the Lamonster Risers, which are as good as risers can be on a 2020-2021 RT and appear as stock when installed (I don't think there are Can-Am branded risers). Unfortunately for me, while they put the grips in the right place, the angle was less than comfortable and I feel as though my thumbs had to be off the grip for my wrists to be comfortable. The Helibars allow a far greater degree of control not only over placement, but one the angle at which the grips are placed so you can tune them to your body. It took me about four adjustments until I got it right, but I can't see using anything else now that I've seen how comfortable they are.