Spyder Garage

Default Thinking about selling ... 2015 RT-L

.... our 2015 RT-L with 19,500 miles on it. (If Deb OK's it ) In good condition.
    What can I reasonably quote as a selling price ? Understanding that all the farkling doesn't factor into it really.

I printed out a JD Powers value estimate of $17.465 but didn't want to ask what I think is too much.

I guess I'd find out pretty quickly though

Spyder Garage

The "magic" selling price here seems to be between wholesale/trade in and blue book retail. Sometimes called private party sale.

Farkles, as you mentioned, worth little to nothing. Other factors such as low miles, mostly good condition will factor in a little bit higher.

Ads asking to high a price usually result in 500 to 1000 looks, but no bites. That's a clue the asking price is to high.

Good luck on your pending sale.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HayRog View Post
    .... our 2015 RT-L with 19,500 miles on it. (If Deb OK's it ) In good condition.
    What can I reasonably quote as a selling price ? Understanding that all the farkling doesn't factor into it really.

I printed out a JD Powers value estimate of $17.465 but didn't want to ask what I think is too much.

Probable value is closer to $13-14500

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is what I found in NADA for a 2015 RTL SE6. I will take this down in a few .

Values
    Suggested List Price when new
    Base Price $30,799
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 01-21-2021 at 04:48 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I got a 2018 RTL Chrome with 5450 miles for 35 buck more than that price. Helmets, cover, intercoms, GPS and driver back rest.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Start with $15500 dealer may only give you around 12000-13k

Spyder Garage

I sold my 15 RTS with same miles as yours 2 years ago for 16k with 3k worth of accessories. So I would say maybe 14k now.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I passed on a 2016 RT Limited with only 1,000 miles on it for 16,500. Looking back I should have snatched it up but I'm very happy with my 2020 RT Limited. What I mostly found when searching for used RT Limited's was that what ever the year was, for example yours is a 2015 most of those were in the 15 thousand range with 2016's in the 16 thousand range and so forth.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you Guys -- all good information. I'll price accordingly, if and when.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have found that it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
    What seams high in one area is right on in another, only you can tell what that will be by the number of people that give you a call on it.
    I know most things seem to be higher priced in CA, so who knows.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I was looking to buy about a year ago, I was given a ballpark that somewhat related to the year. At that time, I was told to expect a '14 to go for about 14k, a '15 would be about 15k, etc. After that, it came down to condition and miles. By now, I would adjust those numbers down about 1k per year.

Farkles can add or detract from the price, depending on whether they appeal to YOU. For example, it might be a WONDERFUL painted mural or graphics kit, but if you want a plain look, it's just not right. I prefer to go for a bike with fewer farkels so I can do it MY way from the start, rather than having to undo someone else's work, or even worse, trying to figure out how the heck they wired it.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    When I was looking to buy about a year ago, I was given a ballpark that somewhat related to the year. At that time, I was told to expect a '14 to go for about 14k, a '15 would be about 15k, etc. After that, it came down to condition and miles. By now, I would adjust those numbers down about 1k per year.

Farkles can add or detract from the price, depending on whether they appeal to YOU. For example, it might be a WONDERFUL painted mural or graphics kit, but if you want a plain look, it's just not right. I prefer to go for a bike with fewer farkels so I can do it MY way from the start, rather than having to undo someone else's work, or even worse, trying to figure out how the heck they wired it.

A friend who lives in upstate NY and is or was a member here .... sold His immaculate, low mileage, farkled 14RT-S for $10,500 this past Fall...... someone beat me to it ........... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thank you Guys -- all good information. I'll price accordingly, if and when.
    Thread Closed - on OP's request pending final decision on 'if & when'.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!