Thread: Spyder1Attude

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder1Attude

Put on a spyder1attude triple muffler in ‘13 rt sm5 with cat bypass...they have them for the 1330 but put one together for my 998......like the machine woke up.....tried to up load video with sound but cat seem to get it accepted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sometimes a loud pipe just sounds faster.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Until one dyno's or runs through the traps, it is just noise!
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Well, there seems to be a difference in performance....and is louder....not like a HD with straight pipes but more like a motorcycle.....
    Took off about 50-60 ilbs between cat and muffler.... looks sportier....seems to run a bit cooler....may not for everyone but if thinking about a change ch out spyder1attude.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
    Took off about 50-60 ilbs between cat and muffler
    That could make it run a scosche faster, I suppose. Where in NC are ya? I'm in the foothills in Wilkes County.

Spyder Garage

Franklin county...north a bit from Raleigh

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Franklin county...north a bit from Raleigh
    You're about an hour north of blacklightning. The 3 of us (plus Woodaddict) need to go riding this summer. With that loud exhaust, you'll need to ride sweep, though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    You're about an hour north of blacklightning. The 3 of us (plus Woodaddict) need to go riding this summer. With that loud exhaust, you'll need to ride sweep, though.
    what ever it takes to keep you all safe!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

... and is louder....not like a HD with straight pipes but more like a motorcycle. ...
    I would respectfully DISagree with you.

I would consider my (nearly whisper-quiet) Goldwing to be a "motorcycle".

My wife's Spyder already makes more noise than my Goldwing.

If your bike started at about the same volume level and got louder, how could it possibly be "more like a motorcycle"?

I am not against personalizing one's own "motorcycle", regardless of number of wheels, but I don't understand the quest for more decibels. Last October, I was at the rally in Maggie Valley. I was surprised at the number of Spyders that were making a LOT of noise. I was also a bit surprised at the overall tone of the noise. There is not much pleasure in the sound of a three-cylinder engine in the first place, but opening up the exhaust just makes it sound like a tractor with a muffler problem. The v-twins just sound more like Harleys, which is not much of an improvement, in my opinion.

I agree with MONK, you are welcome to ride along, but will definitely be riding sweep. If you are a more-agressive and faster rider, you are welcome to lead at your own pace, we'll catch up ... eventually (after the echoes have died down).

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not in the loud camp either, but each his own when comes to personalizing motorcycles. Jus sayin, all the grumbling in the world probably won't change a thing.

Spyder Garage

I love my Triple Out Exhaust on my F3S. And for those not fond of the noise - I do enjoy either leading from way up front (I wait at each turn off the existing road) or sweeping and playing around as I see fit at the very back of the pack. ;-)
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Well, thanks for the opinions ...having been a Harley rider for years before an affordable 3=wheeler seemed the best way to keep riding...I really can’t remember negative comments made about a highway worthy goldwing or beemer ltd.....but not the other way around as demonstrated....
    I’m not really sure what a sweeper is but I don’t think I need to be concerned about it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’m not really sure what a sweeper is but I don’t think I need to be concerned about it.
    A "sweep" or "sweeper" or "riding sweep" means you're the last one in the riding group. In a big ride, the sweep is the one sweeping up stragglers. Basically, making sure those that haven't stayed up with the main pack don't get lost. A sweep is one of the most important members of a ride although in this case I (and others) mentioned it because I (or we) wouldn't have to listen to a loud exhaust.

To each, his (or her) own. I used to like a LOUD exhaust. I'm over that. If a loud exhaust makes you happy, go for it! I don't like brussel sprouts but that doesn't mean there aren't some out there that LOVE 'em! Just means I won't be eating them with you!

Spyder Garage

A "sweep" or "sweeper" or "riding sweep" means you're the last one in the riding group. In a big ride, the sweep is the one sweeping up stragglers. Basically, making sure those that haven't stayed up with the main pack don't get lost. A sweep is one of the most important members of a ride although in this case I (and others) mentioned it because I (or we) wouldn't have to listen to a loud exhaust.

To each, his (or her) own. I used to like a LOUD exhaust. I'm over that. If a loud exhaust makes you happy, go for it! I don't like brussel sprouts but that doesn't mean there aren't some out there that LOVE 'em! Just means I won't be eating them with you!

Spyder Garage

brussel sprouts.....season em....bread em....deep fry em....eat em like popco..rn....keep an open mind
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-20-2021 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A cousin of mine who used to ride Harleys said one time at some campout with a Christian m/c group he was awakened in the morning by the most Gawd awful noise you could imagine, you know, kind of like a Harley up close. He looked out the tent flap and there was a guy on a Goldwing playing a tape of Harley exhaust noise. "Just wanted you guys to know what it sounds like to be behind a Harley!"

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Pipes look great. Enjoy them.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

If you did ride Harleys for years you would certainly know what riding "sweep" was. I rode Harleys for 50+ years and the last 15 I went back to standard Harley Mufflers. Yep, couldn't stand my own noise any longer and later in life realized that all that noise

irritates others. I think it is called consideration for others. I was a slow learner at best.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jack, yep, I agree,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatonka View Post
    brussel sprouts.....season em....bread em....deep fry em....eat em like popco..rn....keep an open mind
    gag! Yuck!