Spyder Garage

Default Best way to trailer F3 Limited?

Too damn cold here in Ohio! Want to visit my brother in Florida, and take my 2019 F3 Limited. Checked out hauling service, round trip they charge $2000! (Don't want to buy the damn thing, just rent it!) Have searched the forum, but not found much help from Tractor Supply locally and U-haul opening for a 6X10 trailer not wide enough according to fellow Spyder ryders. Suggestions?
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

There's a fair bit of discussion already here on the Forum about just this, might be worth your while to do some searching & reading.

Even just doing an Advanced Search on the keyword 'Trailer' set to 'Search Titles Only' brings back quite a few pages of results, altho admittedly, there's a lot of questions in there about trailers you can tow behind your Spyder; but the Thread Titles will often help you sort out those you might be interested in.

For instance, just recently, there's been this thread:
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...hlight=Trailer - which is about trailers used to transport Spyders;

there's an Ironhorse trailer for sale here:
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...hlight=Trailer that'll carry 2 m/bikes or a trike; and

there's more discussion on which trailers will do the hauling job, including posts from a couple of members who might be interested in selling theirs here:
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...hlight=Trailer

And that's only a few of the easily identifiable threads from the FIRST page of SIXTEEN that a search for the word 'Trailer' in Thread Titles brings back!! . So there's gotta be a heap of helpful information already on the boards if you take the time to look and then do some reading.

Hope that helps some. Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Try United Rentals.
    I've been looking at their Tilt Bed trailers.
    I may need to move an F3 from MO to NV.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Check out "U-Ship" and see what bids you get to do the job.

Spyder Garage

Before I even bought and paid for my 2017 F3L, I knew I wanted to be able to use it 12 months a year. I live in Ontario, Canada, and have a winter place in mid-Florida, so I was going to need a trailer. I was lucky, and found an aluminum, home-made rig, purposely built to haul the owner/designer's RTL. It was in good condition, 5 years old, and had been back and forth to FL each year. He decided to sell after moving up to a toy hauler. I paid for the trailer about 5 weeks before I ordered and bought the Spyder. No regrets whatsoever. I have now been back and forth 3 times myself, use it to haul to the nearest dealer - 80 minutes away - use as a utility trailer for hauling other stuff and occasionally haul bikes for others. It's an open rig and sits around doing nothing a lot of the time, but it's more than earned its keep over what I would have laid out in rental fees. Besides that, I would be uncomfortable entrusting my bike to just any shipper, not being certain how it was being handled, tied down, where it is and how it's kept. I'll likely get back close to what I paid, should I ever decide to sell. If you can afford to spend a few bucks extra, I'd be looking to buy a decent used rig; probably won't cost you a whole lot more, and you'll be entirely in control. If you splurge and buy an enclosed trailer, you can use as a storage place for your Spyder. Trailers are a fairly safe investment.

20180501_143454_001.jpg
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Before I even bought and paid for my 2017 F3L, I knew I wanted to be able to use it 12 months a year. I live in Ontario, Canada, and have a winter place in mid-Florida, so I was going to need a trailer. I was lucky, and found an aluminum, home-made rig, purposely built to haul the owner/designer's RTL. It was in good condition, 5 years old, and had been back and forth to FL each year. He decided to sell after moving up to a toy hauler. I paid for the trailer about 5 weeks before I ordered and bought the Spyder. No regrets whatsoever. I have now been back and forth 3 times myself, use it to haul to the nearest dealer - 80 minutes away - use as a utility trailer for hauling other stuff and occasionally haul bikes for others. It's an open rig and sits around doing nothing a lot of the time, but it's more than earned its keep over what I would have laid out in rental fees. Besides that, I would be uncomfortable entrusting my bike to just any shipper, not being certain how it was being handled, tied down, where it is and how it's kept. I'll likely get back close to what I paid, should I ever decide to sell. If you can afford to spend a few bucks extra, I'd be looking to buy a decent used rig; probably won't cost you a whole lot more, and you'll be entirely in control. If you splurge and buy an enclosed trailer, you can use as a storage place for your Spyder. Trailers are a fairly safe investment.

20180501_143454_001.jpg
    Stinger makes a Spyder trailer like that but folds up. 2,800 is to pricy thou.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue