Spyder Garage

Default Has Lamont retired from LamonsterGarage?

I ask this as Customer Service does not seem like it used to when i first bought my Spyder. When i first experienced Lamonstergarage customer service was when i purchased a belt tensioner from them. There was an issue where the drive wheel didnt look correct so i sent an email into LamonsterGarage and a few hours later to my surprise i received a call from the owner himself (Very rare indeed). At that point i told my wife that "Now that is a company that believes in customer service."

However, lately in the last few months Customer service has not been all that great, let me explain. I purchased a set of third pegs and the pegs bolts were not included with the order. So i used the email address on their website (this was on Friday) to see if my order was supposed to get the bolts for the pegs and if not if they could give me the size of the bolt and i would go to the nearest brick and mortar to get the bolt. I received an email back (at this point all is great) saying the bolts should have been included and they would send the bolts out the first of the following week. Well, i waited until the following Friday and replied to the original email i received asking if the bolts had been sent out or not, never received confirmation. I replied again the next week (believe it was on Tuesday) to make sure my original email that Friday maybe might have got lost but still no reply. I first found a bolt that would work temporarily after a few modifications until i could find the correct bolt. I just gave up on receiving the correct bolts and took the pegs to a few Brick and mortar and found two bolts that would work (I know i should have just done this to start with but i thought i purchased a complete unit.

Now we getting to another customer service request where i am just asking a question about a product sold on their site (rear LED lights) to see what all areas do the lights cover. I explained that because the instructions are not listed for that item on their webpage i do not know what all lights it includes and the images on the website are not exactly clear as to how many different areas are included as one picture has everything i want but two other for same product does not. At this point im just asking a question about a product they sale but i get no response.

Im just wondering if anyone knows if Lamont may have retired and someone else is running the business. I have contacted Spyderpops from what looks to be same item but they are not sure if what they sell works on 2019's. So at this point it remains a mystery as if LamonsterGarage no longer receives questions from their website or if New management has taken over. Please know i am not bashing LamonsterGarage as i have bought a lot of products from them (and all i am very satisfied with) but i just like to know which companies i can expect customer services from and which i cant.

Spyder Garage

Just a couple of weeks ago I had a question about Which GPS mount to buy. I sent an email and Lamont called me back almost immediately. Everybody bobbles the ball occasionally.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

I emailed a product question yesterday. Jacob replied to it this morning.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Give them a call at (417) 313-2245 Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5pm C-Time and Lamont or Jacob should be able to take care of you.
    Great place to get work done or buy Spyder parts.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Sammie I purchased the third peg for them a while back and it came with bolts. If you know anyone who would like a set I have mine for sale in the "for sale" section.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the responses. I guess all my emails may have got lost in the web world.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Folks,
    I must add my two cents worth here,
    You must remember that 2020 was with out doubt, a very bad year for you me and every business on the planet.
    Factories closed, restaurants closed and hardly open for take out, people dying, stay home orders and more
    I have been also having trouble receiving products not only motorcycle related items but upholstery and medical
    equipment repair parts. Sometimes I can't get to the phone as fast as I used to and email as well. I am not alone in all this
    I am sure Lamont is NOT RETIRED as yet, COVID19 and his other health problems may also play into the above....
    so stay tuned stay patient stay loyal to the Spyder Lovers Vendors and they will be there in the future...
    Dave Stephens Owner
    Motorcycledave.com
    Valley Customes
    Valley Custom Upholstery
    Valley Medical Repair.
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 01-18-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
    Thank you all for the responses. I guess all my emails may have got lost in the web world.
    Sometimes they travel to shows, or have to go interstate, Sammie. It can be “hit and miss”, because they are a small business and not always there, but their service commitment is still well to the fore. I received a reply a few days ago to an email I sent late December. Lamonster had taken a break over Christmas and they apologised for the late reply. My goods were sent same day, along with a couple of pieces of hardware that I needed, free of charge. I think you may have just had a couple of “bad timing” experiences

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

It sounds like you may have fallen through the cracks and if so I apologize. We are a small company and we do our best but sometimes we fail for one reason or an other. If you want to PM me your info I'll look in to it and see if we can get it resolved. My cell number is in my sig too.

Spyder Garage

Good to see you posting, Lamont!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I checked with Lamont about a service appt. for my two F3's. He got back to me in about 5 minutes.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It is nice to see your post Lamont.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD