Spyder Garage

Default Pull behind trailer....

Looking to pull the trigger on a pull behind trailer for touring with the wife this year. Thinking of a Freedom, when I came across this. Anyone have any experience with one of these. Tons of cargo space. And I like the black diamond finish. Looks like I can strap my golf clubs to it for local trips to the links. I have heard of this company and believe they have a good rep. Your input is appreciated.
    https://theusatrailerstore.com/lumin...rcycle-trailer

02-3202-2__72529.1423599759.1000.1200_r__08529.148_3__16512.1490410669.1000.1200.jpg
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Looks nice but wandering if it has any kind of suspension like the 622 trailer. Did not see any. My 622 has torsion bar suspension and is very smooth on the road. Never bounces on a rough road. Something you should consider. Some of the small trailers have no suspension what so ever and will bounce all over the place at highway speeds. This is why some of the after market hitches have failed. Too much rock and roll and vibration. One thing to check into before you purchase. Also a large cooler filled with ice on the hitch will put more strain on the hitch and Spyder suspension. There is a hitch maximum weight on the Spyder and i believe the warranty is void if you use an after market hitch.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I bought one in spring of 2020. Nice trailer for the money. I put 6000 miles on it last year. I towed it behind my F3L...... couldn’t tell it was back there.
    Added extra lights, greased the bearings..... tire pressure at 25psi.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

We picked up a used older model and have been very happy with it. We have only made two trips with it so far but one was a week long trip. My wife pulls it with her F3 Limited. She said she can't even tell it is back there. I followed her for a while while she was pulling it and it seemed to pull well. No issues on bumpy roads at all either.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Looks nice but wandering if it has any kind of suspension like the 622 trailer. Did not see any. My 622 has torsion bar suspension and is very smooth on the road. Never bounces on a rough road. Something you should consider. Some of the small trailers have no suspension what so ever and will bounce all over the place at highway speeds. This is why some of the after market hitches have failed. Too much rock and roll and vibration. One thing to check into before you purchase. Also a large cooler filled with ice on the hitch will put more strain on the hitch and Spyder suspension. There is a hitch maximum weight on the Spyder and i believe the warranty is void if you use an after market hitch.

Jack
    The description on the manufacturers page definitely says it has a torsion axle. Although I don't own one, I've seen them in person and talked to owners and I think they're great trailers! They look great, tow great, and are built well. Probably better built and stronger than the Freedom Trailer.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Good to hear it has suspension. Torsion bar is the best. I have an older RT-622 Viper Red trailer that is great. Some of these less expensive trailers have no suspension and I would never recommend that.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I had one and had no problems with it. Worked well, pulled great and has plenty of space to hold what you want. Only sold it due to lack of need. Good product for the money.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    Looking to pull the trigger on a pull behind trailer for touring with the wife this year. Thinking of a Freedom, when I came across this. Anyone have any experience with one of these. Tons of cargo space. And I like the black diamond finish. Looks like I can strap my golf clubs to it for local trips to the links. I have heard of this company and believe they have a good rep. Your input is appreciated.

02-3202-2__72529.1423599759.1000.1200_r__08529.148_3__16512.1490410669.1000.1200.jpg
    You're too late! For now anyway. Site says it's out of stock.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have an older model I bought off a seller but it's great for us. Used it on two long trips and as others said, didn't even know it was there. Had to keep checking the mirrors to be sure.

Only problem was that the navigator found a way to fill it. More space, more unneeded items.

Spyder Garage

Keep in mind that if you put a cooler on the tongue , Don't put glass bottles in it. With the hitch on the Spyder being attached to the rear wheel it gives the cooler a pretty violent ride. I built a frame mounted hitch for my 2015 after the factory hitch broke the tongue on my Bushtec.

Spyder Garage

I have one and you don’t realize it’s back there. I’ve pulled it behind a Yamaha Venture, Victory Cross Country Tour and now my RT Limited.

ECDA2C08-50C1-475D-9B00-A0F6E11D1B75.jpg

Hers 2014 ST
    His 2016 RT Limited
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

I have had a number of trailers including the one you are showing, it served us very well on a number of long rides. I pull a pop up tent trailer and my wife pulls the cargo trailer, just don't put glass in the cooler or eggs, as they may not make the trip to your final destination.Glacier Park Ride 096.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post

This is the one we are looking @