Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know the size (length) of Short reach handlebars?

Does anyone know the size(length) from bend to bend from the stock handlebars vs the short reach handlebar?

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good response Tim. I have the short reach, when the sun comes up, I'll measure them. Wish now I had gotten the 'attitude', short reach is pretty close, but I'm OK with it for now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RandyF View Post
    Does anyone know the size(length) from bend to bend from the stock handlebars vs the short reach handlebar?
    FYI I know this is not the answer to your question but I installed them on my 2020 rtl and it was a game changer for me. I have short arms and I couldn't ride 20mi before the pain between my shoulders got so bad it was difficult to continue. Now I have ridden 500 mi day and could have went farther. Why Can Am put the bars on this tour machine is beyond me because they are more suited to like a sport model.
    Doug 2020 RTL F3 Short reach bars -factory backrest
    K9CRT Ham Radio
    Sold 5/27/2021 Spyder just wasn’t for me. Went back to Goldwing

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Good response Tim. I have the short reach, when the sun comes up, I'll measure them. Wish now I had gotten the 'attitude', short reach is pretty close, but I'm OK with it for now.
    Theirs gonna be a dramatic difference in reach between the short reach bar and attitude bar. I'm 6'2" and use a Lamonster 2" riser block with my attitude bar. While the wrist angle is nice, their is quite a bit more reach to them..
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the short reach bar on my 2018 F3L. They are 2" closer to you than the stock F3L bar. If you have a 2020 RT the short reach may end up being to close to you. Many are using the stock F3 bar and find it's the perfect length.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

It's for my wife's F3L. She has Billy club bars on it now but the grips are straight out vs an angle that the stock or short reach bars provide. She's thinking of selling the Billy club bars and going to the short reach bars

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RandyF View Post
    It's for my wife's F3L. She has Billy club bars on it now but the grips are straight out vs an angle that the stock or short reach bars provide. She's thinking of selling the Billy club bars and going to the short reach bars
    I dont think the Billy clubs were meant to be used as pull back bar. There more of an ape hanger bar.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Interesting ... The Billy Club bars don't have any kind of a wrist angle? They're straight out? The Billy Club bars mount using .5" spacers, therefore eliminating the locking pin function. They can rotate back/forth.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue