Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
That gets my attention. I’ve only owned one bike with floorboards and I like them in combination with highway pegs.
Adventurer, I am an F3 Limited fan and owner, but if I wasn’t 6’7” and 300lbs (the F3 foot/bar position adjustability is essential for me), I would purchase the 20+ RT-L. Based on what you have written above, I believe that the 20+ RT-L, with it’s electronic screen, 1 minute detachable trunk, loooooong floorboards, roomy drivers seat, longer (than the F3) rear shock travel, and general “refinement” over earlier models really does put it in the Goldwing class.......and yes, it can really scoot when you need it to. Ideal long distance tourer. Don’t get me wrong, the F3-L is a very comfortable long distance tourer also. The F3-L is not a “cruiser” in the sense you mention above when comparing a cruiser to a Goldwing. It is designed for long distance work, but in a different seating position, and is simply not as refined as the RT-L.

As soon as someone comes out with a longer/higher driver seat for the 20+ RT (the brake pedal is hard to get at for me), or I can purchase a second hand seat for Russell Daylong to work their magic on, I will be looking to upgrade.

Pete