Spyder Garage

Default IdahoMtnSpyder question about 1099's

Since you started another thread about taxes, I didn't want to interrupt.

I have a few annuities. One was a rollover from a 401K many years ago. My other annuity was started with money from my checking account; it's this annuity that I have the question. My gf thinks that I should not be getting a 1099R for that annuity b/c it was started with my own money, and it doesn't include dividends, and I'm only getting my money back. I said that I can actually get more than my money back than the initial amount, if I live long enough. Also, depending on the stock market, my fixed monthly payment could actually increase (not very likely). My question is, am I right about why I get a 1099R each year?

Thanks

Something just came to me as I was working out. The reason I get the 1099R is I was earning 7%/year before I started drawing on it. I think I answered my own question.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can't say for absolute certainty but when you draw money out of any retirement fund you will get a 1099. If the fund is a Roth IRA so the earnings aren't taxable I'm sure you'll still get a 1099. Even when I didn't personally withdraw some funds out my Federal TSP but had some rolled over non-taxable to a Vanguard IRA I got 1099s showing the rollover.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

On all my 1099's, they show taxable amount in line 2A, and both annuities show a taxable amount. So, I don't believe there is any way around not including the amount on my tax returns.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Taxes

Well yes, good ole 'USA Sam' needs the money now more than ever. How do they get their 'spending money '?
    By the taxes we pay. 1099's = extra money for Taxes.

Try a little Sunshine.... 🌞..........
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Now you folks know why I never went into the "tax" area of accounting. The rules seem to change yearly on that, and when I was a CPA, the annual tax school, and annual tax season was my least favorite parts of the job.

My specialty became general accounting and teaching in that area. I left the tax accounting to others.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red