Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2022 all new ghost model

I have Intel that I learned last summer that BRP is releasing a brand new spider model for next year!! there is a plastics company down here in Windsor Ontario that builds lots of plastic for Spyders and it’s an all new program called “ghost”!!! this could also be a 2023 model and it very well could be the camber tilting model we’ve all been waiting for!
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder ????

WOW, only time will tell. Something to think about for sure. Anyhow bring it on. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
    ...camber tilting model we’ve all been waiting for!
    Speak for yourself, sir. I DO. NOT. WANT. a tilting Spyder. If I did, I'd go back to 2 wheels.

JMO. YMMV. E Pluribus Unum. RUSH rocks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With the wheelbase of the Spyder, I don't really see any advantage to a tilting Spyder. Unless you're racing, and
    then it might aid corner speeds. The complication compared to a regular Spyder could put the cost way over the
    already ridiculous prices for Spyders.

I test rode an Piaggio MP3 and it was interesting, but a much slimmer profile than a Spyder.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Shaft drive would be much more interesting than tilting. Single tube driveshaft/swingarm with a wheel that mounts like the fronts would eliminate the biggest maintenance headaches. They already know how to do it. And leaning would require compromises in tire design.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Well my Intel is correct I’m expecting a call from BRP for leaking this out they have been working on Patons for tilting Spyder since 2009 the patent number is right in the BRP engineering building on the wall when I went there in 2017 for the 10 year anniversary!! it’s going to be able to corner at twice the speed‘s we do now and it’s gonna look so futuristic instead of a garden tractor that I drive right now! I’ve had friends tell me my F3 looks like a garden tractor and it does not look as sleek as it should be for The 2020s!

Spyder Garage

Your friends will tell you the same thing about a tilting Spyder.

Did you buy it for yourself, or to please your friends?
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Thank you for giving us a heads up. Time will tell how this all goes.

We are good for now. A new 19 and a new 20. Now at 75, these should take us well into our retirement.

I don't see myself jumping on the "latest and greatest" if it happens. I will let others be the beta testers this go around.

My "new" attitude is that I like the "tried and true" rather than the "latest and greatest."

We traded our 2012 for the new 19 and the 2014 for the new 20. No more new Spyder every year or two.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
    Well my Intel is correct I’m expecting a call from BRP for leaking this out they have been working on Patons for tilting Spyder since 2009 the patent number is right in the BRP engineering building on the wall when I went there in 2017 for the 10 year anniversary!! it’s going to be able to corner at twice the speed‘s we do now and it’s gonna look so futuristic instead of a garden tractor that I drive right now! I’ve had friends tell me my F3 looks like a garden tractor and it does not look as sleek as it should be for The 2020s!
    " TWICE THE SPEEDS " .... I don't believe a " tilting " spyder will be able to generate the " G " forces our current models do .... if the front wheels " tilt " they will ONLY work with REAL motorcycle tires .... and they will have far less traction than any Auto tires that are now running with complete Tread contact with the road surface. I don't believe BRP will be able to have Just the spyder body LEAN ..... No I don't have any engineering degree's, just a general understanding of how things work ..... good luck BRP ..... I'm not holding my breath on this ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

My non-tilting F3 will take me through any twisty at speeds I am not even comfortable with. I have had nanny tweek me twice since being here. I could not imagine even wanting to go twice that. That's just me though.

I want to live to ride again tomorrow.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " TWICE THE SPEEDS " .... I don't believe a " tilting " spyder will be able to generate the " G " forces our current models do .... if the front wheels " tilt " they will ONLY work with REAL motorcycle tires .... and they will have far less traction than any Auto tires that are now running with complete Tread contact with the road surface. I don't believe BRP will be able to have Just the spyder body LEAN ..... No I don't have any engineering degree's, just a general understanding of how things work ..... good luck BRP ..... I'm not holding my breath on this ...... Mike
    Mike is really on target with his assessment. One thing to add, the cost of real motorcycle tires and their short life span. $$$$
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Count me in for tilt and shaft drive.

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    Count me in for tilt and shaft drive.
    I just bought a new 2019 myself barely have 20,000 KM on it in 2 Seasons Numbers Way down because of the pandemic and yes I won’t be the first one to buy the ghost but I would consider it the year after depending how it looks and how it rides! overall very happy with my F3 limited lots of storage and corners much better than the 2012RSS I HAD! very impressed it’s not pretty but very functional very comfortable and very fun to ride!I guess that’s all that really matters! can one of you show me how to put photos on here!3607ECC7-8FAB-44A1-9037-EA7A85348BE3.jpg

Spyder Garage

Never mind figured it out as you can tell from my handle I am also a avid snowmobiler that is why I have lime green graphics all over my black spider is an arctic cat snowmobile thing

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brp ghost project has nothing to do with spyders.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

https://www.motorcycle.com/news/brp-...der-90418.html

Selectable lean assistance. Wonder if they mean you can set it up vertical at any speed if you want to. Should keep the purists happy, but then again I don't see it as that type of machine.More of a next step in the evolution of things than an allrounder.
    Would be cool to whip around a Yamaha Niken through the twisties though
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post

Selectable lean assistance. Wonder if they mean you can set it up vertical at any speed if you want to. Should keep the purists happy, but then again I don't see it as that type of machine.More of a next step in the evolution of things than an allrounder.
    Two wheel dynamics are wonderful. That's just scary.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Key phrase: "The patent is still awaiting approval and there’s no telling whether it will ever be implemented on a Can-Am Spyder or other vehicle."
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post

Would be, wouldn't it? Oh, sorry, already do that in the twisties on my current RT! Shame about how they blow me inta the weeds on the longer straights & open road tho!!

Still, interesting concept? Sure.... but wasn't that particular article originally published back in early 2011?? Has anyone seen much on it since? Any progress reports or updates; or even heard if the patent was actually granted?? So it seems that now, some 10 years later, BRP apparently hasn't progressed too far with it yet, so I wouldn't be holding your breath waiting for a production version!

And while we're talking about holding your breath forever - that article also mentions the prototype Hybrid Spyder that's 'currently on tour' & has (supposedly) been under development for even longer now, so that's obviously coming soon too.... Yeah, right!! We've seen how far that's actually got in the last 12+ years or so, despite BRP's annual 'drag it out & dust it off yet again' marketing & advertising efforts to fool the gullible masses into thinking that the company is actually doing something along those lines!!

No apparent progress in more than a decade or so?? It sounds more & more like they've taken a page or six outta the Elio play-book with both of these 'hybrid' and 'leaning trike' versions coming soon stuff!! I'll believe it when I see it - and I'm NOT gonna be holding my breath, either!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Had to double-check the calendar.

It's nowhere near "March 32".

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Had to double-check the calendar.

It's nowhere near "March 32".

What, you didn't read the by-line under the heading of the article Cobwebs linked/that I quoted?? Here, I've copied it for you:

By Motorcycle.Com Staff Feb. 11, 2011
    (my bold/underline emphasis)

The 'tilting patent application' story might be a fairly recent re-release of an old article, but that doesn't mean it's 'recent news'!

As for the Hybrid thing, just do some searching here, it's been reported as being 'a prototype' pretty much since there first was an RS Spyder - ie, more than a decade now.... Besides, just look carefully at the picture they provide of the green & white Spyder with 'Hybrid Technology' printed on it, and then try convincing anyone that it isn't a pic of a Spyder type that hasn't been made for some time now. Aaaaand then sesrch for & read the old threads about it - every time interest seems to flag a bit, they pull the same old chestnut outta the fire & give it another airing.

It seems BRP believes that either we're all extremely gullible, or we've got the 'long term recall' of a goldfish!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-17-2021 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Removed GS/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

As my ole Pappy used to say "Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see!"
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic