Spyder Garage

Default Honor Our Veterans and - - -

Why were these two YouTube videos removed from YouTube?

Regards,
    Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T. View Post
    Why were these two YouTube videos removed from YouTube?

Regards,
    Joe T.
    All the Silicone Valley Tech giants ie Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, Google & U-Tube etc. have decided who and who can't be on their platforms .... Thy may feel Honoring Veterans is more likely a Republican and or Conservative thing ...... imho .... Mike

Spyder Garage

The YouTube action was not SL's doing. The videos are gone.

Most of us here totally appreciate the service of our Veterans.

Discussion of the why's and wherefores of YouTubes actions will take us to that political place. Let's not go there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

https://ugetube.com/

this is a alternative to youtube. claim to be free speech video sharing. not as much content as youtube, but maybe in they can grow to be a competitor
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    All the Silicone Valley Tech giants ie Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, Google & U-Tube etc. have decided who and who can't be on their platforms .... Thy may feel Honoring Veterans is more likely a Republican and or Conservative thing ...... imho .... Mike
    +1..........
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LazyR View Post
    https://ugetube.com/

this is a alternative to youtube. claim to be free speech video sharing. not as much content as youtube, but maybe in they can grow to be a competitor
    .....AMEN ..... The Tech giants also shut down " parler " ..... ... which was one of the top 10 websites !!!!! ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

https://gab.com/

Is a alternative to Twitter & Parler. Gab is having some trouble right now due to the massive growth they are seeing. They say they ore adding servers as fast as the can. Also say they own their own servers so they cant be controlled or shut down by another company, and they are based in Pennsylvania
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

I guess I should have been more explicit. I understand the 'politics' of the decision. I don't think anyone who reads this website doesn't know that.

My real question was about the actual videos regarding our veterans. I assume some of y'all actually saw the videos. I did not. They were gone by the time I tried to view them.

So, restating my original question:

Did any of you see anything that was objectionable in those vids?

Regards,
    Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

I agree with all. PATHATIC
    Thanks for info

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T. View Post
    I guess I should have been more explicit. I understand the 'politics' of the decision. I don't think anyone who reads this website doesn't know that.

My real question was about the actual videos regarding our veterans. I assume some of y'all actually saw the videos. I did not. They were gone by the time I tried to view them.

So, restating my original question:

Did any of you see anything that was objectionable in those vids?

Regards,
    Joe T.
    The answer to your question is no. I viewed the videos.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Everyone missed the point of the removal. The video were placed on you-tube as temporary to begin with and the person that posted them knew that. When the video was removed the post here was edited to show that you-tube had removed the video so you would not waste your time trying to connect to something that was not there any more. A you-tube video will not stay up forever depending on your account with them. So no they are not the bad guy in this and there was nothing wrong with the video, I saw them. You-tube time just ran out.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Everyone missed the point of the removal. The video were placed on you-tube as temporary to begin with and the person that posted them knew that. When the video was removed the post here was edited to show that you-tube had removed the video so you would not waste your time trying to connect to something that was not there any more. A you-tube video will not stay up forever depending on your account with them. So no they are not the bad guy in this and there was nothing wrong with the video, I saw them. You-tube time just ran out.
    Thank you very much, once again. I hope you at least put to rest anymore conspiracy theories.