Hi everyone.
Las Vegas Nevada here - my first posting on your forum. Thank you in advance for your patience and help.
I am a two wheel rider - but had given it up a number of years ago.

Cue my 20 year old daughter wanting her own motorcycle - which I have tried to temper (too many other family members and friends visited in hospitals and memorial services attended).
But since she is a little bit short 4'11" - it has been a challenge even finding a bike she could reach the ground on and support "IF" I were to give in.

I had mentioned the Can Am option to her previously, so she took to a You Tube viewing sessions, came across some videos and expressed interest.
Here's the question - I have found an older RS (2009) locally that I believe I could pick up at a reasonable price ($6000) but it has 60,000 miles on it.

And I know that every machine is different (even identical samples of the same engine), but as it pertains to the 990 V Twin in the RS - How many miles is too many?
When does the price of entry get outweighed by the up coming repairs?
And are there any other things besides the engine that I should be concerned with on a high mileage example?

I have already made my plans to purchase a newer F3 for myself - but I don't want to dump a huge outlay into her first machine not knowing if she will want to keep riding (conversely - don't want to buy her junk that will need replacement or ongoing repairs immediately either).

Hers will be a 21st birthday present - so I want to do the best for her that I can on my admittedly limited budget.
Thanks