Spyder Garage

Default Question on Spyder YouTube interest

So I have a question for my fellow Spyder Ryders.

What sort of content would you be interested in from a Spyder Youtube channel?

I'm a younger rider in my 30's so my channel seems to appeal to a younger demographic who ride two wheels. But I really want to start gaining the support of the Spyder community.

I'm looking to grow my channel throughout 2021 and I'm looking for new and different ideas to do that.
    2013 RS , Custom black and green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, but I'm old school: I'd rather do it than watch it done. I'm a participant not a spectator.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have a link to your channel?

Seeing what you do and how you do it might help us decide whether you are doing something that can simply move into the Spyder world or if it needs to be re-vamped.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How deep are your pockets?
    Tyre tests with the top mentioned brands on here would be usefull.Oil lab tests would get the view count up.Cut open some filters.Send nanny into a twirl then show how to tame her.Hidden cameras at the most complained about dealers.There's as many subjects as your imagination allows.
    Quality not quantity usually works.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Episodes about people doing fun things with their Spyders either riding or farkeling. It's not really about the Spyder,it's about what people are doing with them. There is a good part of the country right now locked down with the cold and Spyders are parked. What are people in warmer areas doing? What's the Spyder scene like in Australia, Germany,Poland Russia, Thailand? South America etc.?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Sorry, but I'm old school: I'd rather do it than watch it done.
    X 2 Good luck.

Spyder Garage

I would like (more) videos with action. Modern action-cams are offering so much possibilities how to mount on a spyder, like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid...ature=youtu.be
    2020 F3-S , pedalbox black

Spyder Garage

A collection of how to videos by year and model would help some of the newer Spyder owners who might want to do their own wrenching and maintenance, considering how much the dealers get to work on our Spyders. Also, how to videos for adding on lights and other accessories.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Here is a link to the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x...cVh8oaDl7EPjSA

I'm a part of three different bike groups. The group ride videos seem to do really well.

I've got a some how to videos coming up once I get the parts in.

My adventure videos didn't do nearly as well as I thought they would. People wanted me to travel places so I did, but then no one watched the videos...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not so much into the music, it's distracting. I like to see the 'how to' for my 20 Spyder, tires, maintenance, add on's. Adventure rides are OK just not at the top of my list. Good luck, lots of competition out there with YouTube, but then you already know that.

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately I don't work at a dealer like Shawn Smoak does. I don't have access to all different models of Spyders to do those type of how to videos.

I guess I'll just keep doing my thing. It's a tough spot to be a younger spyder ryder trying to appeal to everyone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix38 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't work at a dealer like Shawn Smoak does. I don't have access to all different models of Spyders to do those type of how to videos.

I guess I'll just keep doing my thing. It's a tough spot to be a younger spyder ryder trying to appeal to everyone.
    I was just looking for a common page where you could find all "how to Videos" catagorized by Year and model. I know it's a lot of research and set up work, but you asked.
    Thank you for trying to help us old geezers out.
    Where abouts from Southern MA are you......(My old stomping grounds.)
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    You have a link to your channel?

Seeing what you do and how you do it might help us decide whether you are doing something that can simply move into the Spyder world or if it needs to be re-vamped.

Thanks for the link.

I just watched the "Bad Drivers / Dogs and Butts" video. My personal opinion? You are rather critical about other drivers, but are almost as bad yourself. At the 1:15 mark, you roll through a stop sign while criticising someone else's stupid move. Also not a big fan of the (in my opinion) goofy graphics that appear occasionally.

Sorry, not interested enough to bother watching anything else.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

So I have a question for my fellow Spyder Ryders.

What sort of content would you be interested in from a Spyder Youtube channel?

I'm a younger rider in my 30's so my channel seems to appeal to a younger demographic who ride two wheels. But I really want to start gaining the support of the Spyder community.

I'm looking to grow my channel throughout 2021 and I'm looking for new and different ideas to do that.
    To grow your channel, if it were me , would become not just a member here but a vendor, you could easily attract many eyes to your channel.

I think you have a real talent for editing, and your opening, "Why We Ride" is dope!

However I have only watched one other video so far so it's a very small however the 12 minute video on " South Shore Spyder Ryders to Star Drive In" could have been edited down to say 4 minutes while still giving the flavor of the event while also involving the 22 Spyders that showed up with questions like, "were you tempted to buy the Duck Eggs that were for sale?", Keeping the answers to no longer than 3- 5 seconds. Viewers attention spans are very short. The reason I choose this video to view was I wanted to see if there was any spyder riders I might have met before at past national events or a Spyder that had a unique add on (farkle) to their ride.

Watching where you are going on the highway can be boring after about 3 seconds unless there is some must see part where you show the route you take on which highway and how long the ride was, etc.

I agree with what pegasus1300 said about making it interesting about people and their rides, and if you want to win over people like Spyderlovers Possible and Saluda start by doing what they ask, they want to participate rather than spectate, easy to do a recorded Zoom interview until you can get to Missouri or NH/MA, wait your'e in MA!!

Also if this is a business for you and not just a hobby I would also get a Ryker to ride since so many people entering this are choosing them as there first 3 wheeler. If you don't have the capital enlist someone who has the same passion for sharing such a fun exhilarating experience. To increase your viewership, may I suggest teaming up with a female Ryker rider.

Oh and one more thing you probably already know, the tags you associate with your videos, play a huge role when someone is doing a google search on a topic they are interested in.

Best of Luck!

jmo
    ticketbait

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Thanks for the link.

I just watched the "Bad Drivers / Dogs and Butts" video. My personal opinion? You are rather critical about other drivers, but are almost as bad yourself. At the 1:15 mark, you roll through a stop sign while criticising someone else's stupid move. Also not a big fan of the (in my opinion) goofy graphics that appear occasionally.

Sorry, not interested enough to bother watching anything else.

I know it's not everyones thing, which is why I'm stuck in this spot of being a younger spyder rider. I don't appeal to the typical spyder demo graphic. Also.. running a stop sign at full speed and doing a stop and slow go are two different things, but hey.. who am I right.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post

To grow your channel, if it were me , would become not just a member here but a vendor, you could easily attract many eyes to your channel.

I think you have a real talent for editing, and your opening, "Why We Ride" is dope!

However I have only watched one other video so far so it's a very small however the 12 minute video on " South Shore Spyder Ryders to Star Drive In" could have been edited down to say 4 minutes while still giving the flavor of the event while also involving the 22 Spyders that showed up with questions like, "were you tempted to buy the Duck Eggs that were for sale?", Keeping the answers to no longer than 3- 5 seconds. Viewers attention spans are very short. The reason I choose this video to view was I wanted to see if there was any spyder riders I might have met before at past national events or a Spyder that had a unique add on (farkle) to their ride.

Watching where you are going on the highway can be boring after about 3 seconds unless there is some must see part where you show the route you take on which highway and how long the ride was, etc.

I agree with what pegasus1300 said about making it interesting about people and their rides, and if you want to win over people like Spyderlovers Possible and Saluda start by doing what they ask, they want to participate rather than spectate, easy to do a recorded Zoom interview until you can get to Missouri or NH/MA, wait your'e in MA!!

Also if this is a business for you and not just a hobby I would also get a Ryker to ride since so many people entering this are choosing them as there first 3 wheeler. If you don't have the capital enlist someone who has the same passion for sharing such a fun exhilarating experience. To increase your viewership, may I suggest teaming up with a female Ryker rider.

Oh and one more thing you probably already know, the tags you associate with your videos, play a huge role when someone is doing a google search on a topic they are interested in.

Best of Luck!

jmo
    ticketbait

If I had Ryker I would be over 1000 subs already. I don't have the money or time to invest into another machine. Rykers channels are blowing up everywhere and of course adding a female to the channel will always add views.
    The spyder group rides are pretty tame and I do those videos for the group more than anything. My other group ride videos with my two wheeled friends have much more action like burnouts and wheeles

Again, I think the problem is I don't really fit into the general spyder demographic. So I'm probably not going to appeal the most spyder riders. It is what it is and I know it's an uphill battle

I got somethings planned for this year so hopefully that gets some more eyes on the channel. Thanks for your input.

Spyder Garage

It’s tough to satisfy the younger and older rider with one channel; best to pick what you like to do and go for it. Watching yours I would say buy a chin mount for your GoPro- having half a helmet in the shot is annoying. The chin mount gives the viewer the experience of riding your bike. I like bikes, trikes on an adventure whether its the Simpson Desert, taking on the Alps or watching a scooter adventure in the Ozarks. Great time killer as you are waiting in an airport for your next flight. With COVID there aren’t too many on adventures and they are busy posting - well crap. At 58 years I watch: Nerb1, Awesome Players, Adventure Bike TV, Knight Ryker, Big Bike Adventures, The Missenden Flyer, The Border Ryker, Fort Nine...to name a few. Hope that helps you

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    It’s tough to satisfy the younger and older rider with one channel; best to pick what you like to do and go for it. Watching yours I would say buy a chin mount for your GoPro- having half a helmet in the shot is annoying. The chin mount gives the viewer the experience of riding your bike. I like bikes, trikes on an adventure whether its the Simpson Desert, taking on the Alps or watching a scooter adventure in the Ozarks. Great time killer as you are waiting in an airport for your next flight. With COVID there aren’t too many on adventures and they are busy posting - well crap. At 58 years I watch: Nerb1, Awesome Players, Adventure Bike TV, Knight Ryker, Big Bike Adventures, The Missenden Flyer, The Border Ryker, Fort Nine...to name a few. Hope that helps you
    Thanks for the input. I use that camera because the audio is 100% reliable unlike the Gopro. I don't have time to reshoot my vlogs 2 or 3 times to get good audio. If I can find a decent chin mount camera with integrated audio I'll do it.
    You're right though, I think just doing what I'm doing will attract the people that are interested. Thanks again.