Spyder Garage

Default 2020 F3-S Special Volume Rocker

Can anyone with a 2020 F3-S Special (with BRP Connect Dash) confirm if their volume rocker functions?
    I have sound going to my Cardo Pactalk headset in my helmet. Its a great set up.
    I am able to control volume with the joystick just fine, but I don't think the dedicated volume rocker has ever done anything for me. It is a bit maddening, I have found that the only way to edit volume is to exit BRP connect and use the joystick, when there is a volume switch right there in front of me! It also took me a long time to figure out that the notification volume- for Genius Maps turn by turn- cannot be changed while in Genius Maps! You have to exit BRP Connect in order to edit that volume in the brief window where you are receiving notifications. I would like to know if my volume rocker is broken, or if it (by design) just doesn't do anything.

It looks like the F3-S non special doesn't have the volume rocker at all. Has anyone utilized this space for anything? Controls for heated grips would be a great use of the space.

Spyder Garage

It doesn't do anything - by design.

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the help. Thats odd that they bothered to add the button without connecting it to anything.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
    Thanks for the help. Thats odd that they bothered to add the button without connecting it to anything.
    I don't think it was so much 'add the button' as it was 'fail to remove the button!!' Don'tcha know there's time & effort & therefore cost involved in popping out that button & replacing it with a blanking plate!

That said, I reckon it might be worth having a look underneath that rocker button - sure, your model might not have all the features the other models have, but if BRP follows their established form, there's a good chance the wiring loom & plugs etc to connect it up are all there too - the question is, will connecting them allow you to do anything?!

On just about every other Spyder/Ryker model, those 'not used' buttons &/or blanks still have all the connectors & loom, plugs etc in place underneath; and in some cases (F3 cruise control for example) it's just a matter of getting/installing the correct switch/control unit to do a DIY upgrade on your machine!

Might be worth a shot??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!