Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gg194 View Post
    We're about an hour south of disney so I know the back roads of central Fl, don't forget the gators.
    You know I probably rode right through your area. Last year a buddy and I rode our Harleys to Yeehaw Junction to check out how much damage was done to the old Historic Desert Inn when a semi truck drove through it in the middle of the night. It was a total loss. I've probably ridden by here I dont know how many times on previous rides to nowhere. When it was an operating restaurant, I stopped in for lunch and a break a couple of times.
    Here some pics.

2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Wow, there is not much separating that Inn from the highway. This was an accident waiting to happen.
    My first job out of college was in a small ancient brick building in a old part of south Omaha. This building was right up next to a very busy intersection. Twice in 4 years we had a car spin out on ice and come crashing into the front door. Luckily both accidents happened during the early morning rush before the business opened.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    The most excitement my Ryker gets these days is when the green light lights up on the battery charger.

I'm jealous of those of you in warmer climates.
    We can talk again in a few months about who is jelous.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jvclarke View Post
    We can talk again in a few months about who is jelous.
    That being said, I would rather ride at 100 F with 20% humidity in AZ than 95 F with 90% humidity here in East TX.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

That looks fun, green scenery makes me happy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    The most excitement my Ryker gets these days is when the green light lights up on the battery charger.

I'm jealous of those of you in warmer climates.
    I live in Kansas. I drive to work as much as I can, regardless of temps. I rode in this morning and it was about 24F. And since it is early in the morning, it is a nice quiet ride with no traffic. That is so very fun for me. Love every minute of it.

Don't let the cold weather stop you. :-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    You know I probably rode right through your area. Last year a buddy and I rode our Harleys to Yeehaw Junction to check out how much damage was done to the old Historic Desert Inn when a semi truck drove through it in the middle of the night. It was a total loss. I've probably ridden by here I dont know how many times on previous rides to nowhere. When it was an operating restaurant, I stopped in for lunch and a break a couple of times.
    Here some pics.

I have to admit I like to park my bike as close to my room as possible but this seems to be going a bit too far .... he certainly squeezed it in under the awning .... each to their own I guess
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In November last year I took a mate to the border to collect his V-Strom. We collected it and had two days to kill. We basically zigzagged the east coast continually crisscrossing the Great Dividing Range on the east coats of Australia. We both had a hard time coming home. It was his maiden touring run on a bike, he'd keep muttering to me "how have I not done this before" none of it planned. No stress, pressure, no destination in mind.....need to get back to work.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

The "back roads" part of the story gave me pause to rethink the best road trip of my life, albeit I was in a cage. Ten years ago I rented a hertz car in Oceanside, Ca. and traveled to Boston, via Key West. I had AAA draw me up a trip plan to avoid Freeways and tollroads for the entire journey. I spent 28 days on the little black lines right next to the big red lines on the map the whole way, where they existed. I never regretted a day of it. 6,200 miles of one way fun. Dropped the car at Logan Intl. and caught a flight home.

Spyder Garage

We did the popular ride to Tortilla Flats this afternoon. It is a really curvy road. Listened to the band for a bit. We passed a White RT with lights under the front and a 2020-2021 one coming back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Yes, those back roads ARE the way to go. We do them all the time and are now in a slightly more friendly environment. AK was nice, but the riding season was Apr/Oct give or take a week or two.

Now, in AR, we can ride most any day of the year. Anyone get Rider magazine? They are featuring AR in their favorite ride article this month. Pages 46-49. This is where our home base is. Jasper as mentioned is 20 miles away just down the road from where we are, and the ride mentioned is in our regular traveling territory. We did some of it yesterday on a 120 mile ride. We did Jasper, Ponca, Boxley Valley, Kingston, & Osage.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-22-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red