Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

OR; you could spend maybe $2 at a bicycle shop and get a 90° stem adapter and just leave it on all the time. Being made for bicycle tires they are rated for over 100psi. I've had one on our 2014 RT since the first week of owning it. Now a little over 7500 miles later--no problems whatever.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

How about using this. Minimal loss of air when removing. Screw off types lose more air. Heck, with 24" of extension you could sit in a chair and inflate. Good ol' Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/Show-Chrome-A...454698&sr=8-37
    71xDSrbLCQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    How about using this. Minimal loss of air when removing. Screw off types lose more air. Heck, with 24" of extension you could sit in a chair and inflate. Good ol' Amazon.
    71xDSrbLCQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    That's a great idea but you still have to move the bike around until you get the valve stem in the right place.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    A push-on chuck is a lot easier to get on the stem. Those kinds of chucks take a fair amount of finger strength to get secure on the stem.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-12-2021 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

RYOBI makes a nice small compressor with a built in gauge and a clamp on to valve stem. This works perfectly for all tires up to 125#.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Simple fix

Quote Originally Posted by BikerBob View Post
    Is there any way to install another add on to make getting air in the rear tire easier?
    Next time you have to replace the rear tire, do this, before removing the rear tire
    mark the wheel on the other side of where the current valve is, now 180 degrees
    from that valve drill a new hole for a new valve that is closer to the edge but not where
    the new valve will hit anything now install a new metal valve or rubber valve, Yes you will
    have 2 valves in the wheel it's no big thing and it works very well.Just be sure
    you put it across from the old valve stem so it don't cause any balance problems.

Spyder Garage

When I had car tires mounted on the front, I had them install longer valve stems. The made checking and adding air much easier. I don't know why BRP uses such short stems. Maybe they are two cents cheaper.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

For those of you using the FOBO TPMS, what did you do to make their sending units fit on the short stems. I fond some short (1/2") extensions but was worried about stress to the rubber valves.

thanks johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    For those of you using the FOBO TPMS, what did you do to make their sending units fit on the short stems. I fond some short (1/2") extensions but was worried about stress to the rubber valves.

thanks johnv
    They seem to work fine on 2019 RT. Can't speak to the others but mine are pretty short. I do not use the supplied locks, can't see a need for them.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

thanks johnv
    They work just fine on my 2021 RT base. No issues, whatsoever.

Spyder Garage

thanks johnv
    I think that for some obscure/indecipherable reason, BRP used shorter valve stems on some of the F3's outta the box (2017?? ) and those were a bit tough to fit the FOBO senders onto!

No biggie tho, when you toss the Kendas & get some proper tires fitted, they'll probably hafta take the valve stem out anyway, so just get the tire fitter to use the next longer length valve stem then - no worries after that!

That said, the valve stem extensions won't be seriously stressing anything - and if they do cause issues, it'll just highlight that you already had a problem that needed fixing anyway!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    They work just fine on my 2021 RT base. No issues, whatsoever.
    Work just fine on my 2014 RT also. No issues, whatsoever.

Spyder Garage

I just ordered a pair of these 90 degree stems from Amazon supplier. Anxious to install. It's a huge pain to even check the rear tire pressure!

Spyder Garage

90 degree brass stem was easy to install and makes Pressure Checks and adjustments sooo much easier. Best $$ spent in a while!
    I'll try to post a photo soon.
    Last edited by redrazor; 01-17-2021 at 02:49 PM. Reason: forgot to add photo

Spyder Garage

I used a clamp-on chuck for awhile. Getting it on was no problem, but taking it off was. Tended to get caught on the threads and released too much air in the process. Now I use a threaded chuck. I can reach the valve to screw it on for pretty much any wheel position. Losing air when unscrewing has not been an issue. My compressor has a psi setting, so it checks the pressure at the same time, adding air only if needed - two operations are no longer needed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    90 degree brass stem was easy to install and makes Pressure Checks and adjustments sooo much easier. Best $$ spent in a while!
    I'll try to post a photo soon.
    Here's (2) photos: tire valve 2.jpgtire valve.jpgtire valve.jpg
    Last edited by redrazor; 01-20-2021 at 02:48 PM. Reason: add photo

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    Thanks for the photos, redrazor. Unfortunately it’s not that simple for those models with saddlebags. We only have a position between around 4 o’clock and 6 o’clock where we can access the stem. That’s why FOBO is so handy for me

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Until you can get your air valve moved or if your somewhere without the right sizes chuck, gonto the Harley store and get a stem extender as used foyr an Ultra. Harley has the same problem and have 6" flexable extention. Costs about $10.00. I keep it on the Spyder with my air gauge.
    Exactly! That was my interim solution and it does help although it isn't perfect. With two RTs to attend to it does make the rear tire atonement exercise somewhat easier.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    This is one way to cure the problem like others have said.
    Harborfreight has similar tool, it works for me, While you're there get there high adjustable work stool for about $30, make working on car and motorcycle and Spyder way easier.
    ‘21 Honda Rebel 1100 DTC Burgundy
    ‘13 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I use one of these on my air compressor. The gap is the same but a lot easyest to connect and disconnect.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/AstroAl-...330106&sr=8-24
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Hey Redrazor! You may want to take a look at your belt alignment.........

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BN -- which KurveyGirl valve stem fit the Spyder rim? https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/index.php?cPath=169

Thanks.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman2018 View Post
    Hey Redrazor! You may want to take a look at your belt alignment.........
    It was out at the edge because I had to move the bike backwards to put it into the best spot for a photo. Belt changes position from forward to reverse. I knew someone would comment on that. No problem. No problems.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Kurvey girl valve stem

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    BN -- which KurveyGirl valve stem fit the Spyder rim? https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/index.php?cPath=169

Thanks.
    It's the one from " ENKEI " it's the steel one and states it's an 85 degree bend.... it was packaged as " two for $11.00 " .... remember I used it on the DISC brake side of the rim, after drilling the correct size matching hole for it ..... to be safe I would drill the hole near the center if the rim , to prevent interference with any type of tire removal equipment ..... good luck .... Mike