Spyder Garage

Default Oil Pressure Gauge

Does anyone know if the 1330 engine has the ability to hook up an after market oil pressure gauge. This would go on a 2015 RTS. Tried searching the forum but get too many hits with the words oil - pressure and gauge.

Spyder Garage

Yes, the install is pretty simple. Rotax designed in a port for oil pressure tests. Get a manual, it will show you where and either install a sender there or a hose if you go with a mechanical gauge.

Pretty sure the port is on the front side of the crankcase.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the quick feedback. I'm looking to install a digital gauge somewhere on my dash. I'll do a google search to find the best place to get a maintenance manual. I have the owners manual.

Spyder Garage

Default There you have it....

PMK made your day now if you go to ebay or Green manuals you can find the manual and download it should run about 20.00 give or take.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    PMK made your day now if you go to ebay or Green manuals you can find the manual and download it should run about 20.00 give or take.....
    I did not suggest a Green Manual from EBay on account that I have one myself. In regards to the 2014 and later RT series my manual is incomplete, merely a supplement to previous manuals.

I informed Green Manuals via email about this. They requested specific instances. I then sent them specifics about missing information. Green Manuals informed me they would look into it.

Green Manuals offered no further emails to remedy the incomplete manual. So essentially, buyer beware that the Green Manuals may not be complete in regards to content.

To this day, it seems none of us have validated if these manuals are bootleg copies or if they are legitimate copies.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    To this day, it seems none of us have validated if these manuals are bootleg copies or if they are legitimate copies.
    I keep wondering the same thing. My take is that BRP has to know about them, and has either chosen to ignore them since maybe providing e copies of the manual to the public is too much of a PITA to mess with for the market size, or, the guy is in a foreign country and unreachable. His latest advertisements clearly say they are produced from original digital sources and are not scanned. Where is the paper copy the dealers have printed? If it's China then I'm thinking someone in that printing company is bootlegging copies of the PDF out to the seller. Or hell, maybe it's the Chinese printer who's selling them on the Internet! Anyway, I wish someone like Helms was the supplier for both the e version and printed version. Then we would know for sure they would be legit.

The manuals are available 'as is' and don't expect any customer service whatever from the seller. Green Manuals, Best Manuals, CanAmManuals.com, and probably some others, are all the same outfit.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

vienna7475 -- what was your oil pressure gauge solution? I'm looking at the SpeedHut GL-OIL-03.

WRT to oil pressure sender location, per page 52 of the 2014 Shop Manual Supplement the test port is in the upper half of the cylinder block, engine exhaust side, clutch side. It is a small socket head plug. You have to remove the RH middle side panel and the radiator trim to access it. At 176F, oil pressure is 8.7psi at idle and 58psi at 4000rpm.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Found the test port size and pitch

For the 1330 engine, the test port plug is p/n 420641733 Plug Screw M10 x 1. You can use this M10 x 1.0 Male to 1/8-27 NPT Female Gauge Sensor Sender Thread Adapter Reducer https://www.amazon.com/GlowShift-Fem.../dp/B00NWZBB0S to match typical oil pressure sensors. Depending on exhaust pipe routing I may need an elbow and/or extension to distance the sensor from exhaust heat. I will probably use GlowShift rather than Speedhut for cost and simplicity reasons.

That was the easy part. Now the hard part: should the oil pressure gauge be on the dashboard left with the voltmeter on the right or vice versa?
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike