Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    That's high. A rough gauge to go by is the year is the price. A 2018 on average would be $18K. Keep checking Craigslist, FB marketplace, CycleTrader and other cycle selling venues. You will eventfully hit pay dirt.
    Yep. Almost choked on some of the prices I've seen. I've seen a few fair prices. But given some are like a cross the country from me and I have no idea the costs of shipping a vehicle from person to person.

Spyder Garage

Today, I saw a basic F3 of some sort, so it will have the new 1330cc engine. The asking price is $9,500, probably because it has more than 5K miles on it. It's located in Florida. I searched FB high and low, but couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure it was there or on MeWe.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

The basic F3 has 10 less hp and no cruise control. Will I notice the 10 hp, I don't know. But being without a cruise control on a long ride I might. There's throttle locks but I'm not so sure on the safety of those things.

Spyder Garage

Stick with the F3-T or F3-L. If you get a lesser model you will probable spend more than you would have fixing it up and adding everything to it that you could have got on the other model. Now shipping a bike is not for the faint of heart. It can cost upwards of 2000.00 dollars depending on which carrier and where it is coming from. You also don't want to buy a bike site unseen. I flew to a different state to buy mine and drove it back the same day. It was 600 miles and 13 hours on the road but it was worth it. I also went on several test rides at my local dealer and bought from a reputable dealer in Nevada.
    Now the windshield thing. Mt first Spyder was an ST-S that I thought was great and still do. The problem I had with it was, after I installed the radio, I could not hear it at all. I upgraded the speakers and I still couldn't hear it. Then someone on this forum suggested I look into a new windshield. It was recommended that I look into CalSci Windshields so I did just that. He was hard to get a hold of. Email got no response so I ended up calling him directly. He was a nice guy and ended up talking with me for an hour and a half. He explained the aerodynamics of the bike and shield then cut me a custom shield that he does not even carry. It showed up in a few days and was well packaged but light. I took it out of the box and was surprised at how thin it was. It was actually almost the same size as the stock windshield. I was skeptical but put it on anyway. It was very thin, had no curve at the top, and no vent hole. But...it sure worked! I could see through it, something the stock windshield had a problem with, and I could hear my tunes clear as day. The turbulence and wind noise was also greatly diminished. All that and I never even raised the windshield up.
    Now the F3 has no windshield all the way up to the little sport shield. I had the optional Tall Boy screen on it when I got it. I didn't like how it looked and I intended on getting another CalSci windshield anyhow. The Tall Boy has different brackets so I needed the stock ones. That is when I found out it was going to cost me 300.00 for them and then another 300.00 for a new windshield. I decided against it but continued to look on eBay just for kicks. I lucked across a new seller that was willing to give me the brackets and the sport shield for 50.00 so I took it. I installed it just for the short term and, to my surprise, I could not feel any difference between the two windshields.
    Long story short you may find that you don't need the windshield. I assume that is why the F3 base models don't have one in the first place.

Spyder Garage

If your picking up a new unit from a dealer they all start with a two year warranty, Thats where they may try to sell you another 3 years of unlimited coverage through BRP for $1400.00. The going price at a few dealers used here on site is $671.00. You have to acquire extended coverage before the first 2 years runs out.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Anhur View Post
    The basic F3 has 10 less hp and no cruise control. Will I notice the 10 hp, I don't know. But being without a cruise control on a long ride I might. There's throttle locks but I'm not so sure on the safety of those things.
    I love the cruise control on our 2018 RTL, I use it all the time. Chris
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    If your picking up a new unit from a dealer they all start with a two year warranty, Thats where they may try to sell you another 3 years of unlimited coverage through BRP for $1400.00. The going price at a few dealers used here on site is $671.00. You have to acquire extended coverage before the first 2 years runs out.

T.P.
    That's good info to know.

Spyder Garage

This is what I'm looking at right now on Facebook market $18,822.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Spyder Garage

OH MAN...THAT IS SOOOO SWEET. You are going to have a great time with that machine. In spite of my age, I ride quite aggressively and my F3L thrills me more with each subsequent improvement. Car tires were installed at 4K miles - wow! A Bajaron sway bar at 5+K miles - wow, wow! It takes so little to turn these into the Ferrari of 3 wheelers. Go for it gal!
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

I got some stuff to see to but here's hoping I can get that one. Wish it was blue but gold is just fine, this beggar can't be a chooser lol. I'm a guy btw but no harm done there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

there is a very nice 17 for sale on this site

Spyder Garage

Be warned that, from what I am told, the mirrors on the 2019s tend to wobble a lot. You will have to get some mirror stabilizers for them. Not expensive but a pain to install. 18k is also a little high. Offer them 16,500.00 and see where they fall on that.

Spyder Garage

Still doing some looking found a blue f3-s and a black satin f3-t both 2019 models in Mobile. The prices are a tiny bit lower what that one in Georgia was wanting. And it says make an offer so at least by that I know they are willing to bargain..... how much we will see. Either way I do plan to shoot low to start off and maybe hit a happy place.

Spyder Garage

I agree with the rider school. That will give you a chance to ride the machines without having to buy one. You can decide not only which one you like, but if you find you don't like any of them you aren't stuck having to take the loss on selling one.

Spyder Garage

As I mentioned previously I'm not up on all the information on the F3s, but if you haven't done so, do a search for F3 front sprocket wear because there are some owners who have had some, and in some cases multiple, front sprockets replaced because of rust and wear. Others, amongst them my touring partner, have had absolutely no problems with it. IMO, it's a potential issue a buyer should at least be aware of. If purchasing from a dealership it's worth asking the service manager about; e.g., "How many front sprockets have you had to replace because of rust and wear?" Salesmen will lie because they are either ignorant of the problem or need to make a sale. I DO NOT know which years and F3 models the problem is most prevalent in.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Preventative maintenance will prevent or put off that front pulley problem. There is an improved version available and on newer F3s. At only 4K miles, I pulled mine and lubed it with Moly Paste. It appears the factory did not use that appropriate spline lube.

Spyder Garage

The 2017 F3-T was a good deal but its SOLD.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack