Spyder Garage

Default Booked for Sprocket recall, got P0222 & Limp mode - is it safe to ride?!

I am scheduled to finally get my sprocket recall tomorrow, and my 2017 F3 went into limp mode today while I was in Springfield, MO. I drove the bike home about 30 miles. The codes were P0222 and P0000. My question is whether or not it should be safe to drive it to Bolivar, MO (about an hour away) to get my warranty work done and have them look at whatever the other issue is while I am there. Other than my cruise control wouldn’t work on my drive home, I noticed nothing out of the ordinary performance wise.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-08-2023 at 08:30 PM.

Spyder Garage

P0222 is a code applicable to the ECM &/or TAS; or in other words, the Engine Control Module &/or the Throttle Acceleration Sensor, ie, the Computers that keep the engine running properly; and that code basically occurs if there's a Short to Ground or poorly plugged-in TASensor connector, so maybe a bit of moisture got into that plug....

And P0000 is basically a 'Non-Error' code that gets put up when the system returns to normal...

So by getting both of those, I'd guess that it looks like you might've had a dodgy plug/connection that sorted itself (no - I said sorted, NOT shorted! ) possibly just cos a bit of moisture snuck in there somehow, and the chances are pretty good that you'll be OK to ride it to the dealer tomorrow...

However, the (slight?? ) risk is that there's an intermittent short to ground that might get worse or a dodgy plug that could get really wet or maybe dislodge/fall out completely, in which case it'll most likely be a ship stopper requiring a flat-bed/tilt tray to complete your journey!

How lucky are you feeling? Me, I'd probably risk it... But I might check around before I leave just to see if there's anyone nearby who has a suitable trailer that might help me in the off chance that it does all turn to custard! Or at least make sure that your Auto Association Membership is current & that they'll flat-bed your Spyder to the dealer if necessary!

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-08-2023 at 08:55 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

is this the brake light switch spring recall?? not being able to use cruise control. look at your spyder in garage, is your brake light on? will run battery down
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Even though I never feel lucky, I took your advice and drove to Bolivar. It was a bent prong. They were nice enough to bend it back for $120. No more issues so far. Thanks for your input.