Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Gustafsson Windshield for my F3

I currently have a Blue Ridge windscreen on my 2017 F3 and have been looking for an alternative. The current standard windscreen allows exposure of my full helmet to the wind blast creating lots of noise and making use of an in helmet microphone impossible. Now that Gustafsson Plastics is making products for Can Am motorcycles, I was considering replacing the standard screen with a taller one. Using Gustafsson's procedure for measuring screen height, which is to measure from the gas door to the top of the screen, the standard screen measures 13". If I select the 20" screen, by my calculation, I would still be able to look over it. Hopefully, this would create a pocket of quiet air more conducive to a microphone by virtue of reduced noise. I am also assuming that the additional height would not create a problem of wind force damaging the screen since it attaches using the existing hardware. Anyone have first hand knowledge of this product and would care to comment on my idea? Thanks.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-06-2023 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Removed large block of colour so everyone can read... :-/
    There comes a time in life when you really want to stay in the wind, but single-track vehicles are no longer a practical or safe solution. The Can AM Spyder is a wonderful answer to a difficult situation.