Spyder Garage

Default Need help/vids on 2020 Panel removal?

Need help, I’m trying to fine a good video showing the panels being removed on a 2020 RTL.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Any specific panels you're planning on removing? The main ones (on each side) are easy once you've done it a time or two. My camcorder is the only thing that fits on my tripod but I'd be happy to charge up the batteries and shoot a quick vid removing the side panels, if you'd like. Have to (literally) blow the dust off the cam since I haven't even turned it on in about 3 years.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Simple just google 2020 RT panel removal, looks like several videos available.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Panel-removal

or, the ad you can skip in 5 seconds

Panel removal https://youtu.be/CI_dQry8SqQ

Spyder Garage

Yes Monk i would appreciate it IF you could video removing the left side panels to get the ECU.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Yes Monk i would appreciate it IF you could video removing the left side panels to get the ECU.
    I believe it's under the right side panel but I'll try to do that tomorrow. Couldn't get my camcorder to work so I'll have to figure out a way to mount my phone on my tripod.

Spyder Garage

I’m not sure Monk I’m getting a tune from Wick-it and from what I’m getting described in their pic it’s on the left. I guess It really doesn’t matter the panels are the same. Thx for your help.

57E206E5-E5DF-4653-A6A8-59073E3C992E.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I believe it's under the right side panel but I'll try to do that tomorrow. Couldn't get my camcorder to work so I'll have to figure out a way to mount my phone on my tripod.
    Last time I looked, the 'ECU type' box under the RIGHT side panels was the Control Unit for the Transmission (they do look very similar tho, but they should be clearly labelled!) However, that last look was almost a year ago now!

All the F3's I've dealt with so far have had their Engine Control Unit (ie, the one you'll need to remove to send off to Wick-It et al for an upgrade) located under the LEFT side panels.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    I’m not sure Monk I’m getting a tune from Wick-it and from what I’m getting described in their pic it’s on the left. I guess It really doesn’t matter the panels are the same. Thx for your help.

57E206E5-E5DF-4653-A6A8-59073E3C992E.jpg
    I'll see if I can shoot a quick vid tomorrow of one side (both are the same) but that's NOT a 2020+ RT. That's a pic of the previous generation.

Spyder Garage

Yes I recognized that also from the pic ( from Wick-it site ) that it was a different year. Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie said it should have a label identifying which it is. I’ll make a phone call to a dealer Mon. to fine out for sure.

Spyder Garage
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Yeah, but Gunner wants to remove his front panels to get to the ECU, Ray

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Those vids are already easy to locate. I added the rear just to fill in the blanks since the rear is harder to locate and the OP stated, "Need help/vids on 2020 Panel removal?'.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White