Spyder Garage

Default Lack of color choices - any ideas why??

Does anybody know why BRP has narrowed the F3 down to just one color (with the exception of the T and up) that being black. I like black but curious as to why they went from have some choices and then dropping those by one color each year till there's only one. Lower the price? What are your thoughts?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My thought would be first and foremost: Price.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

That is typical with most motorcycle's these days. The lowball version is almost always black.

In 2010 when the "new" RT came out...I ordred the Premier Edition...top of the line. It was Black. The next year...they delegated the Black to the lowball version and it has stayed there ever since.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Price seemed like the likely thing to me as well since black and sometimes white are often the cheapest epoxies/dyes to get. Now I'm wondering about hydro-dipping the panels (possibly even trying it myself- there's a scary thought). Haven't even got my ride yet and I'm thinking about ways to customize it

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Many things you can do to change the color. Some have used plastic dip, paint, and wraps. If you look at Martin Slovakia the F3 he rides is wrapped yellow https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...quering-Serbia that is an option that you can always do and change easy if you want to something else or just remove without hurting the paint under it.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Manufacturer's are always looking for ways to move you into their more pricy models. One way is to offer the bargain basement model in just 1 color. The price gets you in the door, and then the salesmen can work on you from there. Believe me, there is nothing happening here by accident!

If you want a color choice, you have to move up. It's just another way to put pressure on the customer to spend more and move into a more profitable, for them, option. But I am with Copper Spyder here. If there isn't anything but color that you aren't thrilled with on the low end model, simply look into the many color changing options. From paint to wraps to accents, etc. Not only can you then get the color you want. But you can end up with a much more unique Spyder in the end.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Yep totally agree. Like you said I'll be doing anything color wise after I own it, maybe not immediately since I'm fine with black. It will be more along the lines of just not wanting to look like every other black F3. At that point I will likely weigh the options between a wrap and paint job.

Spyder Garage

Too bad they don't do what Chevy Corvette does - offer the five basic colors, & rotate a different color annually..........