Spyder Garage

Default Wrap my Spyder textured carbon fiber

Has anyone installed this product and if you did what do you use to wipe it with?? I have tried both micro fiber cloth and tshirt material and they both feel like you're wiping sandpaper. I have the raised carbon fiber around the tank filler and it is very smooth. When I brought this to the attention of the owner he said I was the first to complain about , find that hard to believe.

Spyder Garage

It sounds like you got the textured micro fiber, Pete (Wrap My Spyder) sells the regular (smooth) and the textured.

Spyder Garage

I had to eventually remove mine as it was very difficult to keep it looking nice. Any wax that inadvertently got on it caused it to keep turning "whitish" and nothing I tried could bring back the black. Apparently, the surface is slightly "porous" so it has a tendency to absorb things that may cause discoloration. I changed to a solid glossy color later on and have had no issues with those.
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

It scratch very easy. Specially the gloss. I did the Daytona stripes and they look good. However the hairlines scratches showed up immediately. I was very disappointed as well.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've used this product on several places on my 20 RTL but have not waxed it yet, so now I'm concerned, I'll check it this morning. As a carbon fiber my thinking was it would be a hard finish, hope I'm not disappointed. It is rather expensive.

Spyder Garage

Yes it is the textured which is the problem. I feel a clear film should have been placed on top but when I suggested that to Pete that was when he said I was the first to complain. Sounds like to me I was the first to let him know. Maybe more users should offer their feedback.

Spyder Garage

Well if you got the textured, and it is textured ... isn't that how it is supposed to be? Why would someone complain about that? Why would someone ordered textured, and then make it not textured? I don't think I would like it either, so I have the smooth glossy one, no texture.
    2021 RT Limited in Marsala Red & chrome (9/20)
    2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture - Black Cherry
    2003 Suzuki Volusia - Black w/ Gold
    1973 Honda CL350 - Hawaiian Blue

2021 Limited , MArsala Red & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0123 View Post
    Well if you got the textured, and it is textured ... isn't that how it is supposed to be? Why would someone complain about that? Why would someone ordered textured, and then make it not textured? I don't think I would like it either, so I have the smooth glossy one, no texture.
    Saying it is textured does not tell me that it has a sandpaper like feel to it, not to mention if I had been told you can't wipe it with any type of cloth I would have not ordered it in the first place unless you never wipe your bike down.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did the 'feel' check and the 'wax' check on mine, no problem, now I feel better. I will probably do another wrap or two.

Spyder Garage

I have the textured carbon fiber on mine, from the same vendor, and haven't experienced any of the problems listed here. Perhaps because my Spyder is white?

2017 Can-Am Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

What material cloth do you use to wipe yours with?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1 View Post
    What material cloth do you use to wipe yours with?
    I use some microfibre thing my wife picked up. Really, nothing special.

2017 Can-Am Spyder RT