Spyder Garage

Default Limp mode and fault code problem.

For the second time in 3 mos. my Ryker 600 has gone into limp mode, flashing a code of 155 or 1SS, hard to tell. The last time the dealer couldn't figure out what caused it. They took 3 days, cleared the codes and sent me on my way. Today, I thought I should at least check the oil to rule that out and found it to be very much overfilled. The dealer serviced the Ryker in Sept. about 2k miles ago. Well, when I was doing this oil check I found a puddle of oil under the bike. I cleaned it up, restarted the bike to circulate the oil again, shut it down and yep, it is still way overfilled and another puddle started forming. I am wondering if maybe there is a failure somewhere in the oil circulation system. When I don't remove the dipstick there are no leaks. Dealer is closed today, i'll find out more tomorrow. This oil leak has got me baffled.
    Last edited by Rydernow; 01-04-2021 at 06:38 PM. Reason: grammar

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rydernow View Post
    For the second time in 3 mos. my Ryker 600 has gone into limp mode, flashing a code of 155 or 1SS, hard to tell. The last time the dealer couldn't figure out what caused it. They took 3 days, cleared the codes and sent me on my way. Today, I thought I should at least check the oil to rule that out and found it to be very much overfilled. The dealer serviced the Ryker in Sept. about 2k miles ago. Well, when I was doing this oil check I found a puddle of oil under the bike. I cleaned it up, restarted the bike to circulate the oil again, shut it down and yep, it is still way overfilled and another puddle started forming. I am wondering if maybe there is a failure somewhere in the oil circulation system. When I don't remove the dipstick there are no leaks. Dealer is closed today, i'll find out more tomorrow. This oil leak has got me baffled.
    IMHO the FAILURE lies with your DEALER ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

This MIGHT help (your mechanic). No 1SS code. And these are the closes to 155 code that I found. CHECK YOUR FUSES. Good Luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Update to the oil puking problem. My receipt for the last dealer provided oil change shows I was charged for 4 quarts of oil. I'll be taking it in Fri. Should be interesting.

Spyder Garage

Thanks a bunch. I'll be showing this to my Mechanic.