Spyder Garage

Spyder Pedal Commander and Error P2135

Love the Pedal Commander and don't want to ride without it, however, on a ride this weekend I had an error code of P2135 come up 2 time during my 600 mile trip up to Georgia. First time this occurred, I googled the code, removed the pedal commander and finished the day. At the hotel that night, I reinstalled pedal commander and was able to ride the next day for an additional 200 miles to location before the error code came back on. This time I let the bike sit for a couple hours while I got lunch, went back and cranked the Spyder - the error came back on, I cut the engine, let sit for 30 seconds and then restarted without any issue. I was now able to ride the remainder of my 700 miles back home to Florida with no issues.

Was wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue with the Pedal Commander. This thing is so awesome and the short time that I had to ride without it was such a drag. I realize that it doesn't add any horsepower, however, the responsiveness you get with it installed is well worth the price.

Thanks,
    2021 S2S , Green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Following this as I just added the Pedal Commander to my '21 RT. Only (1) ride w/it so far but no codes. Might be helpful to know what year/model you have.

Spyder Garage

I have the 2020 RT Limited. Just passed 8300 miles in about 4 months riding.
    2021 S2S , Green

Spyder Garage

I have ~3000 mi on my PC (2020 RT base) trouble-free. The Google Gods say: What the P2135 code means. This particular trouble code indicates that the Power Control Module (PCM) has detected an erroneous reading regarding the voltages transmitted by throttle position sensor A or B, the accelerator pedal position sensor and or the actual throttle plate.

So it does appear that either your PC is hosed or you may have a bad connection. Check for full plug-in and if a pin was pushed back in either plug.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White