Spyder Garage

Spyder 2020 RT limited Comfort Heated Seat

I have a 2020 RT Limited with factory heated seat. What I would like to find out how much better is the Heated Comfort Seat for this model anyone have one on a 2020

Spyder Garage

I do, but find it not as comfortable as I hoped for. At some point I will have the stock seat redone by a custom shop and sell my heated comfort seat.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the Input
    I like the seat on it plus its heated just wondered if it was more comfortable

Spyder Garage

I also have the heated comfort seat. IMHO it IS better than the stock heated seat, mostly due to the riders seating position. I previously had a 2015 RTL. On that one I went from a stock seat to a heated comfort seat, to an Ultimate heated seat. After riding my 2020 RTL for a short while, I ordered the comfort seat. No regrets, and I have no intention of replacing it with an aftermarket seat. Did a two-up total 5 hour Polar Bear ride on Jan 2. No complaints.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I like the comfort seat better than the stock seat.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

I'm waiting for the Ultimate Seat. I had one on my Yamaha and my buddy has one on 2015 RTL. They say end of Feb for 2020 / 2021 seat. I'm guess it may be close to the same price as Can Am touring seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jcso7516 View Post
    I have a 2020 RT Limited with factory heated seat. What I would like to find out how much better is the Heated Comfort Seat for this model anyone have one on a 2020
    We ordered the comfort heated seat on my wife’s 2020 RT earlier this year. She found it to be quite uncomfortable due to the riding position that put her too far back and provided no support from the RT factory back rest. She is 5’-7” and felt more support all round on the standard seat.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Can you add a backrest to the comfort seat.....the pictures I seen on BRP website doesn’t seem to show a slot for the backrest!

Spyder Garage

I wondered that myself. I’m getting the heated comfort seat for my 2021 RTL. Go to the BRP website and click on the Owner link in the pull-down menu. Then go to the Installation Instructions and look up the seat. You’ll see the slot in the depictions of the seat. Let me know if you agree there’s a slot.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-06-2021 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary CR's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HENRYHILL View Post
    Can you add a backrest to the comfort seat.....the pictures I seen on BRP website doesn’t seem to show a slot for the backrest!
    Quote Originally Posted by lsaviator View Post
    I wondered that myself. I’m getting the heated comfort seat for my 2021 RTL. Go to the BRP website and click on the Owner link in the pull-down menu. Then go to the Installation Instructions and look up the seat. You’ll see the slot in the depictions of the seat. Let me know if you agree there’s a slot.
    Absolutely. It even takes the same backrest. The slot is part of the pillion seat.